Zakk´s custom guitar. - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-26-2002, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

Zakk´s custom guitar.

I was lucky this friday and when bored watching tv there was........Ozzy´s live and Loud!!!!!!Not complete
I really liked Zakk´s guitar but it wasn´t his Gibson signature. Seemed a custom. It was Les Paul shaped with kind of Dean headstock and probably made of ash. Does any of you know about this one?Sounded awesome.
Another question about Zakk...if he played with Ozzy in Ozzmosis, who is the player that plays the solo in the Perry Mason video?He was black haired.Does Zakk use L´Oreal????He worths it???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-26-2002, 03:10 PM

I've always wondered what that guitar was also. It dose look pretty cool.
As for the guitar player, It was Joe Holmes. A former student of Randy Rhoads. It was pretty sad cause Zakk played on the album 'Ozzmosis' but Joe did the live shows. I saw that tour and I will just say that I am so glad Zakk is back at the helm. Joe was good but, he just couldn't really do Zakk's parts justice.
btw, didn't Steve Vai have a hand in writing some tracks for 'Ozzmosis'? I never really knew the full story on that.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-26-2002, 03:13 PM

i can't remember but if u go to zakk's official site u will find out who did the guitar for him as it was the same guy who did the guitars for zakk in "rockstar" if my memory serves me correctly. Just chekc the site and u should get ur answer.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-26-2002, 03:18 PM
EKG

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketBot
btw, didn't Steve Vai have a hand in writing some tracks for 'Ozzmosis'? I never really knew the full story on that.
Yes, I believe Steve gets credit on one song....."My Little Man"? I you listen to it, it sounds like Steve's writing
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-26-2002, 04:14 PM

yeah on zakk's site (www.zakkwylde.com) there's detailed info. funny thing is that the guitar originally had no cuts, so it was hard to play in the high frets, so zakk and his tech cut a piece out in the middle of the tour.

about steve with ozzy, he did several songs with him, but only 'my little man' ended on the record (and zakk re-recorded the whole thing, so there's no SV in the album). as much as i love vai, i really prefer ozzy with zakk.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-26-2002, 04:21 PM

Ok, since we are on the topic of zakk's guitars, i saw during the live show that he has a strange stripe glued on the lower part of the body (wher the knee goes when you're sitting), same with the second guitarist from BLS. Can anyone educate me what that is? I think it might be a pick holder, but i'm not sure...
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-26-2002, 10:12 PM

It's probably a strip of double sided tape for holding picks.

Steve Vai used to use it all the time. I've also seen EVH use it.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 12:54 PM Thread Starter

Still can´t find anything of that guitar.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-29-2002, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urkoman
Still can´t find anything of that guitar.
Taken from Zakk's site:
------
Question:
I've been wondering about a guitar I saw Zakk playing in the Ozzy live and Loud video. The guitar looks like a les paul, but has a "V" headstock, and has a string thru body tailpiece/bridge. I've been trying to find out what kind of guitar it is for years-thanks, Mike "the snake" booth

Answer:
My buddy Andy built that. He sold it at an auction to raise money for a Childrens Cancer fund
------

It's obviously a homemade guitar. That's all the info provided on the subject.

Gabe
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

Thank you Gabe Sounded awesome to be homemade,huh??
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 05:49 PM

made in the home of an expert luthier, not zakk's
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-31-2002, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caprile
made in the home of an expert luthier, not zakk's
Correct, these were not made is Zakk's home, but to elaborate a bit Andy's full name is Andy Beech and he's made other guitars too. The guitar in question is called "The Glory". Andy also made the awesome guitar in the movie Rock Star which was called "The Demon". He's a very fine craftsman.

I tried looking for info about Andy on the Internet and couldn't find much. Next time I run into Zakk I'll ask him.

Gabe
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 11:08 PM

Re: Zakk´s custom guitar.

I am the proud new owner of the "Glory" guitar that Zakk did over 30 shows with.

That guitar was custom built by Andy Beech who also made guitars for Prince. Incredible luthier. It has a mahogany body with a Birdseye maple top. EMG 85 neck 81 bridge with a fixed bridge (can't intonate.) It is VERY heavy but sounds fantastic. I also own a ZW Gibson Les Paul (along with a Jem and many other guitars) and I think the Glory guitar sounds better than the Les Paul. I am going to try an post some new pics of it on the Black Label website for others to enjoy. I am informed by a local high end music shop that it is worth over $15K as it is a piece of rock history, and there is only one and Zakk played over 30 shows with this guitar.

Here are some specs off of the Black Lable website:
Used by Zakk on the Live & Loud video, many people have been wondering what kind of guitar it actually is; Ive heard Washburn, Dean, Gibson LP, ect... the list goes on. This is a CUSTOM MADE GUITAR by Andy Beech. He also made the Demon V in the Rockstar movie that Zakk, Nick, and Fred co-starred in. The guitar originally didn't have a cut out in it, but one night Zakk took a saw to it because he was having a hard time reaching the higher frets.
Body:
Top wood: Birdseye Maple
Back wood: Solid mahogany
Binding: Multi-ply white/black on top
Finish Colors: Natural unfinished

Neck:
Neck construction: 1-piece mahogany
Fingerboard wood: 22 fret ebony
Inlays: Custom Mother of Pearl, Rectangle and Eagle
Binding: Single-ply white
Profile: Rounded
Scale length/Nut width: 24 3/4"; 1 11/16"
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamJem7
It's probably a strip of double sided tape for holding picks.

Steve Vai used to use it all the time. I've also seen EVH use it.
Even gilbert uses it
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EKG
Yes, I believe Steve gets credit on one song....."My Little Man"? I you listen to it, it sounds like Steve's writing
Steve wrote the music and Ozzy the lyrics (for his son). It was intended for the X-Ray groups that Ozzy was putting together but that never happended obviously. The version on the album is has Zakk on guitar.

Regards

André

Tags
fingerboard wood , fixed bridge , gibson les paul , high frets , les paul , mahogany body , randy rhoads , steve vai , string thru body

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode