Zakk's LP's I want the bullseye!!!!!!!!! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-31-2002, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

Zakk's LP's I want the bullseye!!!!!!!!!

check this from the BLS brothers Zakk Wylde & Evil Twin

http://www.zakkwylde.com/diary/1p.html

I don't know what the hell is a bottle of water doing there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-01-2002, 12:51 AM

There's a cool one pictured on the cover of the new Guitar World... it's camouflage with a silver bullseye, and a maple fretboard. Nifty!
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-01-2002, 02:08 AM

I saw that one on a cover of Young Guitar. He even wore bullet rounds as a guitar strap.....that's sooo cool.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-10-2002, 06:59 AM

Another guitar on the "to get list" , although I prefer the southern flag adorned one he had in his pre black label / ozzy era. One f'kin cool guitar. Although the bullseye will do nicely too
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-10-2002, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

I'm obsessed with the bullseye....yeah right i'll get $ 3k
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-11-2002, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Dying Trees
Another guitar on the "to get list" , although I prefer the southern flag adorned one he had in his pre black label / ozzy era. One f'kin cool guitar. Although the bullseye will do nicely too
When I worked for Gibson they were going to make a production Les Paul just like southern flag one complete with the bottle caps. I wonder why they didn't?
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-11-2002, 02:58 PM

Quote:
When I worked for Gibson they were going to make a production Les Paul just like southern flag one complete with the bottle caps. I wonder why they didn't?
That's an easy answer - how many pictures do you see Zakk with the flag guitar? About 1/5 the amount as the bullseye guitar, I'd say. Plus, the bullseye design is pretty much all he plays now. If Gibson made the flag guitar instead, it probably wouldn't be as noticeable as the bullseye one.

Just my opinion.
Gabe
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 02:35 PM

Just FYI,
I emailed GMW GuitarWorks about "Zakk-ing out" my Les Paul & they said they'd do it for $550. That mean painting the entire guitar white with the bulleyes graphic on the front & keep in the neck down to wood.

I also found a guy on Ebay who takes LP Copies and does the Zakk treatment to them. I emailed him and he said if you send him your guitar, he'll do the paint job for $200. He's a painter by trade & just loves providing the paintjob for a reasonable price. I'm at work now, but I have the number at home if anyone is interested.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 11:58 PM

so tempting to do to my epi..lol
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-15-2002, 05:57 PM

im doing a holoflash bullseye tomorrow....should be fun and way cool
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-19-2002, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe Nickelson
Quote:
That's an easy answer - how many pictures do you see Zakk with the flag guitar? About 1/5 the amount as the bullseye guitar, I'd say. Plus, the bullseye design is pretty much all he plays now. If Gibson made the flag guitar instead, it probably wouldn't be as noticeable as the bullseye one.

Just my opinion.
Gabe
there's actually an even easier answer- the confederate flag has all kinds of nasty associations with it, and while i'd imagine that's not what zakk had in mind when he had his painted that way, if gibson was to release one, my money would be on the NAACP having a lawsuit on their collective @ss within the month. Sad but true.

-Drew
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-23-2002, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew
there's actually an even easier answer- the confederate flag has all kinds of nasty associations with it, and while i'd imagine that's not what zakk had in mind when he had his painted that way, if gibson was to release one, my money would be on the NAACP having a lawsuit on their collective @ss within the month. Sad but true.

-Drew
OK, I didn't think of that. I see your point.
Although a lawsuit like that against Gibson would sure make me giggle.
Sorry, I just have a problem with that place.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-07-2002, 07:17 PM

My Tech built/customized a '71 LP for a customer that's giving it to Zakk after next weeks show in Connecticut. It has been built to replace his main player that was stolen. It's has the original finish with the camo overlay, stripped neck, ebony fretboard, complete with the "drunken Gumby" on the back of the headstock. The guitar and work done is simply amazing....this guy's a true fan, when all was said and done, the project ended up costing him $4300.

BTW...I took a few pics, but I don't know how to post.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 11:45 AM

BucketBot,

You worked for Gibson. Tell me about the place. I keep thinking about getting an LP. I recently traded a 68 Les Paul Custom shop for a PRS Singlecut. I have to say the 68 was OK, but the tone just didn't seem like anything exciting where the PRS seems much more flexible.

Those LP's are very expensive as well, is it all marketing or are there some really special models?

Thanks,

JC
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-17-2002, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromeboy
My Tech built/customized a '71 LP for a customer that's giving it to Zakk after next weeks show in Connecticut. It has been built to replace his main player that was stolen. It's has the original finish with the camo overlay, stripped neck, ebony fretboard, complete with the "drunken Gumby" on the back of the headstock. The guitar and work done is simply amazing....this guy's a true fan, when all was said and done, the project ended up costing him $4300.

BTW...I took a few pics, but I don't know how to post.
Well, I finally figured it out:

A Picture with the "stalker"(that's what he calls himself

Tags
custom shop , ebony fretboard , les paul , les paul custom , maple fret , maple fretboard , zakk wylde

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

how to put bullseye rings on guitar

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode