ZR Tremolo? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

ZR Tremolo?

Hey.

Have heard both positive and negative about the ZR tremolo. I would like to hear your thoughts about the ZR tremolo. How is it in comparation to the Edge Pro-better og worse??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 09:00 AM

Re: ZR Tremolo?

+1

Reece
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 01:52 AM

if your using the backstop, its harder to do full divebombs cause theres less room, and it feels like you have to dive down slightly more, but i love it, incomparable tuning stability (for floyd types) imo. the feel super smooth, the only probably i had was the adjusting thing that makes the arm loose or tight. it would did not work properly, doesnt matter though cause i like mine loose. i dont use the backstop so im not too sure how that is. its my favorite trem to use : D
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 02:39 AM

I think putting them on korean guitars is just a tryout for the new technology, I wouldnt be surprised if all ibanez have some kind of ball bearing trem in a few years.

I havent had the chance to try one yet but they look very tempting.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 06:48 AM

I was happy with mine, although I sold the guitar for something else.

I bought the guitar used and it came with the wrong trem arm - I thought the trem really sucked. Then when I got a new arm from Rich it was like night and day. It's an awesome unit. I tried installing the drop-d drum and it was a bit of a pain in the rear.

One of the things that I thought was neat is that the trem comes with it's own intonation tool, similar to the Edge adjust, although the ZR tool is just a screw that goes into the back of the string saddle-thinga-ma-bob.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 03:18 AM

They are great.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 01:05 AM

are they better than a Lo Pro Edge is the real question
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 01:58 AM

Subjective, but I say no it is not better than any variant of the edge.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 04:05 AM

They both stay in tune, that's all I care about.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 04:40 AM

great, great trem. the only thing, they should make the arm-tightening bear out of harder metal, i heard more than one people got it broken easily. but for the rest, hands down.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 05:14 AM

Yeah, i've seen and heard various complaints about the collar joint or something inside it breaking. Other than that, wonderful piece of machinery.

As for comparing it with a LoPro, cant really say its better or worst, personal preference, both feels different and they're good.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 07:38 AM

I love the ZR trem, I wish they put them on RG's and Jems(options, not standard). Easier to set up than an Edge pro. An Edge Pro can be pretty damn good once they're set up though. Still I've never had a trem that was easier to set up than a ZR.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 08:38 AM

Reviews: 13

I don't know about the Japan made ZR, but mine is a Korean made and it s_ux big time.
I don't deny it when dive bomb with out the stopper it feels smooth because of the ball bearing design, other than that it s_ux big time.

I think ZR trem(Korean) got to be redesign, 2 springs are just not enough and the saddles sux big time, the saddles got lots of sharp edges and when I install strings on it, it cuts my string it broke my strings alot when I do hard bending and pulling. I had to do alot of work on the saddles to curve and smoothen it so that it don't cut and break the strings. It happen even on the thicker gauges that I use. 0.09 was the worst 1 to use on that ZR, it broke almost instantly after tuning and bend it for the 1st time.

I own an Edge Pro and I think it's way much better and that's why it is still in Vai and Satch Signature series guitars.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepp3lin View Post
I don't know about the Japan made ZR, but mine is a Korean made and it s_ux big time.
there's no Japan-made or Korean-made ZR. it's the same for all.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepp3lin View Post
I don't deny it when dive bomb with out the stopper it feels smooth because of the ball bearing design, other than that it s_ux big time.

I think ZR trem(Korean) got to be redesign, 2 springs are just not enough and the saddles sux big time, the saddles got lots of sharp edges and when I install strings on it, it cuts my string it broke my strings alot when I do hard bending and pulling. I had to do alot of work on the saddles to curve and smoothen it so that it don't cut and break the strings. It happen even on the thicker gauges that I use. 0.09 was the worst 1 to use on that ZR, it broke almost instantly after tuning and bend it for the 1st time.

I own an Edge Pro and I think it's way much better and that's why it is still in Vai and Satch Signature series guitars.
Something is wrong with your ZR. I'm not saying the ZR or is good or bad.

But that should not happen.

Tags
intonation tool , korean guitar , pro edge , string saddle , trem arm , tremolo arm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode