ZR tremolo for RG? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 02:30 AM Thread Starter

Lightbulb ZR tremolo for RG?

Ok so im new to forums... Anyway im builing another guitar and ive played the "s" series and fell in love with the ZR tremolo.. Can i put the ZR in a RG350 body without having to rout any??? if not what tremolo would you suggest? I'm not to happy with the EDGE PRO trem, (and yes i know how to use a Locking trem) LOL anyway any feedback would be great!!!

Thanks, zxXTruMpXxz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 02:36 AM

Reviews: 4
Re: ZR tremolo for RG?

I really doubt you could fit a ZR in an edge 3 rout, but it did bring me to thinking, why don't they have RGs with ZRs? Why don't Prestiges have ZR2s? and why don't they have an edge 3-7 when they have a ZR7?
The edge 3-7 on a 7 string RG and X could sell a fair bit to younger players with the "need" for a 7 but don't want to pay big bucks.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 10:29 PM Thread Starter

I agree!! I It looks just a little too big to fit in the RG but the ZR is rediculous!! I actually was working on an invention not to long ago that did the same concept ass the ZR but never finished it! But Ibanez's is much better!
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2009, 04:50 AM

No, you cannot put a ZR trem into a RG350DX without heavy modification. The ZR has a completely different construction compared to an Edge III. If you like to have a ZR trem, buy a S. If you don't like a 'classic' double locking tremolo like an Edge Pro for your RG350, you should try a fixed bridge.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 01:06 PM Thread Starter

Its not that i dont like the "classic" locking trems i like the edge III.... I have a RG1550 Prestige with Edge Pro but its just "OK" but i cant wait until i get this new guitar finished Check out my vids on youtube..

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...2A9D7E17B1F4AC
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 02:50 PM

So you like the Edge III over the Edge Pro? Phooey
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 05:38 PM

Liking the Edge III over the Edge Pro sounds just, hmmmm, wrong! Or just, just eeeeh, weird? Yeah, thats it! Really really weird!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 12:28 AM Thread Starter

You know i dont know really what it is about it... I know thats odd because i have 3 gtrs with EDGE PRO and only 2 with Edge III... I mean i like how the Pro allows putting the whole end of the string in and i like the whammy insert better, but the Edge III just seems to work better than the PRO.... I dunno... Dont get me wrong i love the pro but the EDGE III wins me over! LOL
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 01:30 AM

Thats bizarre, seeing as every specification on the Edge Pro is superior to the Edge III. The saddles have the sound metal chip in them, the knife edges are harder, the fine tuners and general manufacturing are much better...etc.

I can only assume there is something wrong with your setup that you are overlooking. There is absolutely no technical reason whatsoever for an Edge Pro equipped guitar to be inferior to an Edge III.

Edit: Also, your description doesn't make sense. The Edge III and the Edge Pro BOTH allow the ball ends of the strings to be inserted. Are you sure you're not referring to some other bridge?
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 01:58 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Thats bizarre, seeing as every specification on the Edge Pro is superior to the Edge III. The saddles have the sound metal chip in them, the knife edges are harder, the fine tuners and general manufacturing are much better...etc.

I can only assume there is something wrong with your setup that you are overlooking. There is absolutely no technical reason whatsoever for an Edge Pro equipped guitar to be inferior to an Edge III.

Edit: Also, your description doesn't make sense. The Edge III and the Edge Pro BOTH allow the ball ends of the strings to be inserted. Are you sure you're not referring to some other bridge?
Maybe i might be missing something... But you know i do a lot of locking trem set-ups and i have no problem with any other unit except the pro... Oh well ... anyway i got my answers and thanks for your support...

DJ,

Tags
ibanez , rg350 , zr tremolo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode