3 Way blade switch part # - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-11-2015, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

3 Way blade switch part #

Does anybody know the part number for the 3 way switch used in the Iron Label S guitars. I am building my son a kit guitar and I want to replace the 5 way switch with a 3 way. The kit body is an "S" style and I am having a hard time finding a 3 way blade switch that is small enough and fits inside the thin body of the S style bodies. Even the original 5way didn't totally fit inside the body. I know cheap parts, but its for my 7 year old son, and they are fun to build. Anyway, does anybody have this info or even the part? No hand outs, I will pay for it.

Thanks for any help,
JL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-11-2015, 01:54 PM

Re: 3 Way blade switch part #

Heya Jason, I have 0 experience with S series guitars however, looks like the switch might be mounted to one of these switch plates due to the large route to fit the entire switch through the body. The Ibanez parts site also has a 3-way switch that looks like it will mount up. Hope this helps for your kiddo's sake.

http://shop.ibanez.com/p/4pt1s5b-swi...rs-black?pp=24
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-11-2015, 06:09 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, I think your right. instead of making a smaller switch, they made a larger hole in the body so it can sit higher and use that plate to cover the hole and the switch actually mounts to the plate and not the body. I've always wanted an S but every time it came to buy one I would always buy something else...WTF self? anyway because of this I have never got the chance to open one up either. Again, thanks for the insight. It all makes sense now LOL. Unfortunately this doesn't quite solve my problem. I had actually used a heat gun to warp the cover to fit around and over the switch, that worked but I was hoping for a different switch. I guess I will just stay with that route. I'm not going to use that mount, I think its ugly. I will post pics when its all done! That should be within the week!

Thanks!
JL
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-12-2015, 07:42 AM

Nice glad something will work! I was always very suspicious of that switchplate myself, "Ibanez whyyyy!!!!!" but it makes sense. I've wanted one specific S series that the guitarist from Rhapsody of Fire has, I think it was an S540B but it has a white body/headstock and it looks like he dyed the fretboard to almost Ebony levels! Someday...

Can't wait to see the pics!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-12-2015, 12:33 PM Thread Starter

here it is as it stands now...

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-12-2015, 12:55 PM

Really dig the color, reminds me of Iby's Predator Tongue finish!

I ran across this switch in another forum, looks a bit shallower. A call to get the exact size might be worth the trouble.

Import Switch

Another one that looks a little more legit.

28mm Deep Import Switch
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-12-2015, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I like the color too. Unfortunately I have to use it came with- the one that has the lame dragon inlays but that was the one my son wanted so... Thanks for the switch info. I ordered a switch last night though. If that one doesn't work, I will try the one from Axetec as the one from Philly is a 5way and I need a 3 way. Thanks a bunch friend.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-12-2015, 02:49 PM

No problem gotta help my fellow Wisconsinites!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

Yup, Thanks Much! What part of Wisconsin are you in?
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 01:34 PM

I'm from Milwaukee, currently contracting at the air base up in Greenland.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

Cool, I'm in Caledonia, the Northeastern border of Racine County

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode