620x setup - need help - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-19-2003, 07:37 AM Thread Starter

620x setup - need help

Setting up my 620X

I took her all apart and cleaned it up and resoldered the connections to fix a lil eletrcial problem.

So NOW im at square one. I want to have my tremolo blocked, and from there I can set up the intonation and such. BUT I need to know how far to have the sustain block from the body so i can make up a lil block and the trem is resting perfectly neutral.

Im pretty sure the cavity and sustain blocks are a standard size so it should be fairly simple, could someone measure it out for me? In the trem cavity from the top layer of wood, to the front of the block, how long will it be in terms of inches (ie 1/32) This is from the TOP layer in the cavity, not the lil cutout 1/4 of an inch down in the cavity (hard to explain on here, but its the lil chunk that sticks out that isnt flush with the top layer)

Could someone please measure so I can fab a block and set up my guitar?!?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-19-2003, 04:40 PM

you know, given individual differences in bridges, bodies, and setup preferences, it might be easier if you popped the bridge back on, tuned it to pitch, set the angle to your preferences, then made the measurements yourself, made the block, installed it, then did a proper setup... just a hunch.

-D

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode