7620VK nailpolish color? - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-27-2004, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
7620VK nailpolish color?

So, the other day, I unwittingly left my RG 7620VK down on the rack on the floor and my 16 month old son toddles in and promptly knocks the guitar over, face first, onto a crest power amp, leaving 3 nice dings down to the wood, on the top side near the body countour.

I'm for one, completely distraught over the dings as this guitar has been mint since I bought it new until now.

A complete refin over something like this seems a tad extreme as I actually like the color. But, I recall someone saying they found a color of nail polish that matches the VK color exactly, and wanted to see if anyone recalled what shade/ brand etc that was?

Anyone?

Thanx in advance,

(BTW, as pissed as I was, I didn't yell at the boy, he doesn't know about these things yet, I just hugged him and felt sorry for myself)
Bamm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-27-2004, 03:29 PM

Bamm, Firstly, Kids do that, but i can't shout or tell em off either ... What i have done is take the guitar into the local store (make-up) and match it as best i can, My local boots are really quite helpfull now ... You WILL get odd looks tho

Rob

p.s. If you have a lady friend present it's not as bad heh heh
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-27-2004, 08:44 PM

Another suggestion may be to check your local hobby shop. I'm sure some boat or race car model would use either a similar or exact shade. I went to an arts and craft shop and got a 2oz. bottle of touch-up paint for 0.89.

Cheers,
Butch
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 01:00 PM

Eh, you have kids, so you're probably not single, and I'm not the type to worry too much over a few dings, but if I were you, I'd walk into the store, guitar in hand, and walk up to the cutest girl and the counter, and say, "excuse me, I was wondering if you could help me..."

-D
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 09:06 PM

That was my friend Michael who found that nailpolish - and if I remember correctly, it was Revlon Crimson number 35.
An awesome match; he brought the guitar to a Shoppers Drug Mart and had a woman help him find that match...
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-29-2004, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
AWESOME thanx !
Wish me luck, I'll post b4 and after pics.
If it soesn't work, maybe Jeremy will be getting more work from me..hehe

Bamm

Tags
power amp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode