Aftermarket necks and stuff - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-29-2004, 03:59 PM Thread Starter

Aftermarket necks and stuff

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with Warmoth necks, and mighty mite bodies and stuff like that. Are they any good?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-29-2004, 07:07 PM

I have a warmoth soloist body and a maple neck with ebony board. They are truly awesome products and look beautiful. The warmoth staff is very nice and makes damn nice stuff. My neck and body are awesome, i can't say enough good things about them. The routes and everything are completely accurate and show NO flaws. Drop warmoth an email and see for yourself.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-29-2004, 07:29 PM

Carvin. Fewer choices, but better bang for buck and IMO more stable necks.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 08:14 AM

Check out mightymite, they have good stuff as well (Korean though).

Also cheap.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontalonis
I have a warmoth soloist body and a maple neck with ebony board. They are truly awesome products and look beautiful. The warmoth staff is very nice and makes damn nice stuff. My neck and body are awesome, i can't say enough good things about them. The routes and everything are completely accurate and show NO flaws. Drop warmoth an email and see for yourself.
Im glad to hear this - I have some warmoth stuff on order at the moment - green meany replica on the way
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 08:17 AM

I forgot to add - Jeremy at LGM uses warmoth stuff sometimes (strat bodies or necks or whatever) because there good quality and cheap (due to the CNC production methods). Im sure he wouldnt use them if they wern't top notch
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 10:04 AM

Green Meanie Rep?!?!?!!? I been wanting to do that. Are you gonna hand shave the lower horn just like steve did? Sounds cool either way. I wanted to make a custom soloist with birdseye neck, abalone inlays, gold hardware, jet black body, and white pickups. Check out the gallery for a look at my custom strat hybrid. It is in the soloist section. :P
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 10:22 AM

My current main guitar is a Warmoth. Very nice stuff, IMO.

I've also thought of getting some Mighty Mite stiff, and messing around with a few things. I know a few people that have used their products, and they've all been pretty pleased.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Green Meanie Rep?!?!?!!? I been wanting to do that. Are you gonna hand shave the lower horn just like steve did?
Yeah I prob will, its coming over un-finished so I will have the opertunity to do that before I get it sprayed. Pics when its done of course
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 06:09 PM

is it gonna gonna have black or chrome hardware? also, i would use paf pros instead of evos, give you an older vai sound.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-02-2004, 04:00 AM

I had a new neck made for my RG - extending it to a 26.75" scale - by Arrowhead Guitars. A bit more expensive than a Warmoth neck, even after importing and taxes, but it's superbly made and has a custom scale length, headstock design and inlay, so I consider it good value.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-02-2004, 06:29 AM

Quote:
is it gonna gonna have black or chrome hardware? also, i would use paf pros instead of evos, give you an older vai sound.
Its gonna be black hardwear. Im not really going for the perfect replica - just a guitar inspired by...heres my mockup...

It will of course have a proper strat headstock
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-02-2004, 05:53 PM

IMHO i don't think that input jack fits the style, go for one on the side.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-03-2004, 07:48 AM

Quote:
IMHO i don't think that input jack fits the style, go for one on the side.
I agree. I was happy to see that Wayne Charvel fixed his "Meanie Green", to have the proper jack placement, too.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-03-2004, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy
I forgot to add - Jeremy at LGM uses warmoth stuff sometimes (strat bodies or necks or whatever) because there good quality and cheap (due to the CNC production methods). Im sure he wouldnt use them if they wern't top notch
Well, I've ordered one tele neck and body from Warmoth.
It was OK, the neck needed the frets levelled and ends dressed, the body needed some work before I could finish it, and the fit of parts was so so. For the money it was fine, but from my experience and a few others, if you buy a warmoth neck, plan on needing a fret levelling.

Tags
abalone inlays , chrome hardware , ebony board , fret level , headstock design , maple neck , paf pro , paf pros , warmoth neck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode