Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Big Brass Block Edge Pro

7K views 23 replies 6 participants last post by  MatiasTolkki 
#1 ·
Just received one of these for my 2550E Gk gonna' get it installed tonight and see how it sounds.

See less See more
#4 ·
Right, all installed, and i have to say i am impressed, definitely sounds a bit fatter, and sustain is better, easy to install, and i am really pleased, here's some more pics of the bridge during the install.

Notice the picture of the intonation setup, critical when doing this to make sure it goes back the same way. Forgot a picture of the bridge on the bench with the new block installed :oops:

http://s210.photobucket.com/user/maxsysdiy/media/IMG_04641.jpg.html

#9 ·
What would a titanium block do versus a brass block?
I thought the point was to have something with a high density to create more tone and possibly resonance?

What would the titanium piece do? There has to be something to it since Floyd makes titanium units.

One of the great points that would compel me to buy a titanium BRIDGE is the corrosion resistance. But the question I still have is what purpose titanium would serve in a block?

#20 ·
Stop looking at the titaniu, Floyd Upgrades ones, they are overpriced, and not designed with the Edge in mind. Look at the Hantug ones I reviewed. I worked on the design with them to ensure they took everything into account. Sure they are pricier than the brass, but the difference is astounding. A much better choice of material for the Edge bridges as far as I'm concerned.

#22 ·
I read your review page and I also clicked on the homepage link. Do I need to just email them about pricing and such? The link only gave an email address so I dont know how I should go about getting more info. Titanium definitely sounds a lot sweeter but I dont think I can afford it based on the Floyd block price. Brass is really nice though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.