Ok guys just thought i would share the following mod.. i know there are other ways of doing this... but... Painting them is messy for me.. i would end up with more paint in my hair than on the pickup... the sticker way of doing it is too expensive for what they are, specially here in the UK... plus from what i can see you cant re use the stickers if you swap pickups in the future, with this method you can re use them, plus i got all the covers 3 knobs and a switch tip all for cheaper than paint and stickers... anyway here goes i hope it helps someone out.
Ok.. first off here is what i used,,, strat pickup covers.. string spacing Bridge 52mm.. Middle pickup 50mm and neck 50mm.. MORE ABOUT SPACING LATER so look out for that
Now you need to cut the tops off the covers as per pic below... dont cut close to the top as you need to leave a little room to account for the melting plastic... a variable speed dremel might help here... lower speed less heat.
This is what you should be left with... all those raggy bits just snap off with your fingers
You will see in the next pic that there is a lip left all the way around the cover... you need to sand that off... dont worry its real easy as the plastic real soft to sand.. so go easy.
Now lay a sheet of heavy grit sand paper on a hard flat surface, use even pressure when sanding and the lip will sand evenly.. WARNING LOL.. keep checking every now and then or you will sand the whole top away lol
The next pic shows the top with the lip sanded off.. pretty neat i say lol
Once you have done all five tops you should have this
Ok.. the string spacing on INF pickups is slightly off... either that or my new covers are slightly off from what they are advertised as.. SOMEONE PLEASE CONFIRM... i tired them on a regular open coil PAF pickup and they lined up fine... although the holes in the new covers seem a little small... they still fit but like i said seemed small to me..... either way i needed the holes a tiny bit bigger in the new covers. Below pic shows a cheap reamer from an old hobby of mine.. worked wonders for opening the holes slightly
After i enlarged the holes i simply stuck them on with double sided tape. these are easily transfered to other pickups which was the whole idea here
This may seem a mess on to some but now they are made i dont need anymore... they are a one time deal i think.. anyway hope this helps someone.... b4 and after pics coming as i was only allowed to post 7 pics.