Bridge height - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

Bridge height

Hi, im setting up an ibanez with an edge pro trem. Ive never does this before and never really done much guitar work but i thought id have a go at it. Ive been reading rich's site to help me along and its been really helpful but ive got a question. Ive got the trem in and got the knife edge parallel to the body but all of the strings are touching the frets and not making sound. So the trem is to low and i need to raise it, ive raised the trem so the strings make clear notes on most of the fretboard but not on the first few frets (i assume i have to raise it more?) but the trem is coming out of the body quite alot and just wondered if this is normal? On most pics of edge pros ive seen the trem is low in the body so the knife edge can only just be seen. What other adjustments can i make to get the trem lower in the body and have low action? Raise the nut with shims?

Hope you can help as ive never done this before,

cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 03:49 PM

Re: Bridge height

Adjust the neck? Sounds like it's curved backwards. Open up the top cover and adjust the truss rod a bit and see if that helps.

Please note I have never done this before so I don't know what way you have to turn it.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 05:35 PM

Reviews: 18

Check page 4:

http://ibanez.com/support/manuals/guitars_basses.pdf

Jimmy
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-17-2008, 06:43 AM Thread Starter

Ok thanks for the help guys, i just sighted the neck and it does seem to be bowing slightly backwards as it gets towards the nut, so il loosen it off a little and see if it helps, just got to get a truss rod adjuster now.

thanks

Tags
edge pro trem , edge pros , truss rod

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in