Can a ProLine PL1770 neck fit into an original-nj RG body? - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

Can a ProLine PL1770 neck fit into an original-nj RG body?

Curious about this, and maybe it's an option for my project.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 02:20 AM

i think it will.
i've got either a PL1770 and an old RG, and i think they have pretty much the same neck-joint system, but the RG' one has a tilt side, and you may need to use two shorter mounting screws.

i can check measurements when i'll be back home tonight, if you need.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 06:17 AM

Should fit, but maybe the holes would need to be re-drilled because of the angled neck heel, as stated above.

But remember the Pro Line Neck gives you 2 frets less than a rg neck would do.

EDIT: Nuno, I'd REALLY like to see some pics of your guitar collection
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horstausmforst
Nuno, I'd REALLY like to see some pics of your guitar collection...
oh well, i've got some pics here & there, not the whole collection though. it's not a big and luxurious collection, you won't find any Jems or JSs or JPMs or like, but it's pretty cute cause they're all from the late '80s, the best Ibanez' era, IMO.
i'll get a digicam soon, then i'll take pics of ANY of my guitars.
i can send some of the best pics i've got at the moment to your email address, ok?
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

Thank you guys for the hint..

I'll think about the pros and cons and make my own decision. Will post pix if I really get the job done.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuno
you won't find any Jems or JSs or JPMs or like, but it's pretty cute cause they're all from the late '80s
That's what I like , I sent you a pm with my email adress!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 03:31 PM

whats ProLine? url?
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by horstausmforst
Nuno, I'd REALLY like to see some pics of your guitar collection...
oh well, i've got some pics here & there, not the whole collection though. it's not a big and luxurious collection, you won't find any Jems or JSs or JPMs or like, but it's pretty cute cause they're all from the late '80s, the best Ibanez' era, IMO.
i'll get a digicam soon, then i'll take pics of ANY of my guitars.
i can send some of the best pics i've got at the moment to your email address, ok?
Hey dude, I'm interested in your collection too, I can always put a little webspace aside for a page of your guitars on my site :-)

Rob
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-09-2004, 04:13 AM

damn...
i really thank you guys for your interest, but dont expect anything "wow", if you're typical Ibanez collectors you won't like my little-but-sweet collection, but if you like late 80s models, well... that's for you.

and thanks fot the web-page proposal, Rob, but i'm planning to make one myself, and i've got pretty interesting ideas about how to picture them, as you can see HERE. "ibanez86.it" is the name of the site which is not online yet. i think you guys will like it.

other pics HERE and HERE. and HERE's something that is not part of the late 80s Ibanez strict collection.

these are just prototype webpages and pics, the "real" ones will be different. enjoy
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-09-2004, 05:45 AM

Nuno, you have some schweet guitars there. You gotta love those 80's Ibanez aint ya. Kermit and Fanta look pretty cool too, what are they? I see a kahler on one of them.
Gary - The.Godfather
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-09-2004, 07:17 AM

thank you Gary!

Fanta is a cheap copy of Jackson Soloist, it was painted electric blue with yellow lightnings, so i gave rid of the finish and had it painted orange. she's waiting for a set of DiMarzios, maybe a couple Breeds. she was H/S/H with vol/ton & 5-way, but i gave rid of anything and now she's gonna be H/H, no tone knob and a 3-way toggle. then i installed a black Lo-Pro Edge and black tuners. the black/orange color combo looks pretty nice!

"Fanta" is from an orange-flavoured drink that is pretty popular in Italy, and maybe in the rest of the world, too. back in the 80s this drink used to look a very vivid orange color, pretty much like my guitar.

Kermit is an old Aria Pro-II. she was H/S/S, vol/ton & 5-way. as you can see, i gave rid of anything useless and installed a Seymour Duncan Invader, and the Kahler Flyer trem is stock. its original finish was metalized dark red, and, as you can see, i had it painted LNG and also routed an old-style Vai handle on it, looks killer now!

do you like'em?
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-09-2004, 08:31 AM

Of course we do
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-09-2004, 08:37 AM

I love em yeah, I am actually a big fan of the old Aria Pro guitars. I recently played a black one with sharkins and a kahler installed. Looked similar to something Kirk Hammet used to use in the old days. I was pleasently suprised, it played really nice. I was expecting it to play like a copy, but it played very nicely indeed. Nice little shred machine with a change of pickups!
Gary - The.Godfather
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-09-2004, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.godfather
Nice little shred machine with a change of pickups!
that's what i like to do with guitars! buying cheapos and turn'em into combat-ready full-color weapons!
i hate boutique guitars with hundreds pickups, frills and controls, and all those useless AAA-tops, golden and MOP crap on! just give me a plank of neon-finished wood and a good pickup on, and i'm happy!
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 04:06 AM

Re: Can a ProLine PL1770 neck fit into an original-nj RG body?

PLEASE HELP ME,I NEED A IBANET PRO LINE PICKGUARD MODEL PL 1770
PLEASEEE!
WHERE I CAN ORDER OR CAN SOMEONE SEND ME A PICTURE THAT I CAN CUT PLASTIC FROM IT!!
THX

Tags
duncan invader , guitar collection , jackson soloist , kirk hammet , pro edge , seymour duncan , shred machine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode