Can you replace an edge trem with a LoPro Edge? - Is it poss - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-07-2001, 09:14 AM Thread Starter

Can you replace an edge trem with a LoPro Edge? - Is it poss

Simple Question .

Can you replace a edge trem with a LoPro Edge Trem?? Also can you buy replacement LoPro Edge trems and do they come with everything like the string retainer thing???

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-07-2001, 11:18 AM
deleted username

Can you replace an edge trem with a LoPro Edge?

Yes. *It's a drop-in replacement for the Edge trem.

No, and yes. *You can buy a complete Lo-Pro setup (trem, springs, bar, nut) all in one box, but they do not come with the string retainer bar. *That is a separate item. *
I don't know the part number for the complete box unit. *Sorry.

99% of the orders for a new LoPro, people only get the trem unit. *That part number is available here:

http://www.jemsite.com/tech/t_ibzpt.htm

Be sure to specify finish color.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-07-2001, 11:24 AM
rvj

Is the trem bar interchangeable between the two? The bar that came with my DY is this chrome p.o.s. that is definitely not the correct one.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-07-2001, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

How do I order a LoPro Edge from the UK?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-07-2001, 01:36 PM
Vendor

The full kits are no longer boxed, and the nut is only available seperate, the retainer is part of the nut assembly.

The bars are the same for both.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-08-2001, 12:01 AM
deleted username

There are two ways to score a new Edge or LoPro:

1. *Email Rich Harris at Rich Harris' Ibanez Rules. *Get quoted a price on the unit and shipping costs. *Speedy, RELIABLE delivery. *MASSIVE customer service (fastest email in the East. LOL).

2. *Go down to your local Ibanez dealer (Machinehead?). *Ask the goth-maniac to break out the Ibanez Parts Order Form. *Have him place the order.
When your parts don't show up in a month, call (or better yet, VISIT) the dealer. *REMIND him about your order. *Selling all those Str*ts seems to cloud the memory. *
Twiddle thumbs. *
Hope.
Around X-mas, you realize that you're in a pinch because you've got a gig on Sat. night and REALLY need the new trem, call (or VISIT) the dealer and ask where your trem is.
(Remember: *Ibanez has the parts ready to go; it's just that dealers seem to have a problem getting that order form over to the fax machine.)

The choice is yours. *:-)

BTW- the bar for the Edge is the same bar used for the LoPro's (and vice versa. LOL)

The retainer is part of the nut assy.? *Hmmm...news to me. *Those "complete" boxed sets were nice. *I miss those. :-)
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2009, 12:13 PM

Re: Can you replace an edge trem with a LoPro Edge? - Is it poss

I also have a question

I have a Ibanez RG2550Z Prestige with a Edge zero Trem. Is it possible to change it with a Edge Pro trem?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 12:22 AM

Re: Can you replace an edge trem with a LoPro Edge? - Is it poss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisKar View Post
I also have a question

I have a Ibanez RG2550Z Prestige with a Edge zero Trem. Is it possible to change it with a Edge Pro trem?
i've looked at seeing if this would work myself.

first of all, the studs are spaced differently. second of all, you'd need to put a block of wood where the adjustment knob on the EZ is to fit a screw for the EP.

so it's not worth it.

Tags
edge trem , edge trems , ibanez dealer , pro edge , pro edge trem , pro edge trems , retainer bar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode