Clear coat polish... is this safe? - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-10-2003, 11:27 PM Thread Starter

Clear coat polish... is this safe?

Hey guys!
I'm spraying my freshly-repainted Schecter with an acrylic-based clear coat. I have some clear coat polish that's made for automotive-type clear coat. Would it be a bad idea to polish my Schecter's clear with this stuff?
Please help soon!
Ben
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-11-2003, 12:13 AM

I polish my guitars with rubbing compound, and then I go over it with polish and it makes it oh so shiny! Rubbing compound is actually an abrasive though so what you're doing is sanding it with the equivalent of around 2500+ grit sandpaper, and then you can polish it to an amazing sheen. And it works well for me, so far anyway. I would test it in an inconspicuous area first but I bet it would be fine. But if you go over it with rubbing compound it WILL be dull until you polish it. And btw I use normal 3M Rubbing Compound and Hand Glaze, leftover froma computer case repainting project.

Tags
clear coat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode