Clear inlays - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-25-2004, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

Clear inlays

Hey does anyone know where to get clear inlays? I am considering taking my inlays off my RG and replacing it with a clear inlay so that I can put Neon Green paper in the hole and cap it with clear. I checked steward MacDonald and they seem to only have colored,pearl,abalone etc.

~A
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-25-2004, 05:14 PM

Just buy some clear acrylic in the thickness you're looking for and punch or drill out some circles.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 01:51 AM

check eBay, there are a few luthier types on there that sell all kinds of inlay material, pre-cut or not, in MANY types of shell and colored plastic. if they dont have them for sale they may be able to make them for ya, some of them do custom work, maybe they can even make ya green dots so you dont have to go the cheap way! (no offence, ya know what i mean!)
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 08:30 AM Thread Starter

DSTARSONG, Thanks I never thought of that I'll give it a look. How's the weather up there in Michigan? I'm originally from Northern Michigan. I've haven't been Ypsilanti in years.

~A

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode