cosmetic repairs/changes - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-22-2002, 12:12 AM Thread Starter

cosmetic repairs/changes

I have some questions on repairing and changing the cosmetics on my rg 570.

First of all, the paint on my edge tremolo is coming off, so is there a way to restore it? *Also, if I want to totally chante the current grey color to black, is that possible?

Second, I am thinking about getting a paint job, painted to either yellow (like a sports car), dark blue, or black. *Where is a good place to go to get this done. *I have no idea, nor do I have the tools, to do it myself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-22-2002, 03:37 AM

cosmetic repairs/changes

Quote:
RG Scream Machine on 11:12 pm on April 21, 2002
I have some questions on repairing and changing the cosmetics on my rg 570.

First of all, the paint on my edge tremolo is coming off, so is there a way to restore it? *Also, if I want to totally chante the current grey color to black, is that possible?

Second, I am thinking about getting a paint job, painted to either yellow (like a sports car), dark blue, or black. *Where is a good place to go to get this done. *I have no idea, nor do I have the tools, to do it myself.
No you can get your trem replated but not painted inexpensivly anyway. The only type of replating I currently offer is Gold since I really have to send them far away for chrome I don't offer it. For Black your actually talking about powder coating which gets really expensive and hard to find.

As far as paint jobs go you have many choices available known throught the Jemsite community:

Universal Jems- Slow but we currently only use musical instrument grade lacquers for topcoating and hand rub/machine buff each guitar through out the entire process and still keep it at a medium price range so it is afordable to almost everyone.

LGM guitars Another Jemster which does high quailty work at a medium price as well using different paints but a bit faster than me posting around a two week turn around time on his website.

GMW Guitar works which boast's quite a few famous paint jobs and at a famous price as well (just kidding). This is a high volume shop and has about the same turn around time as I do more or less.

Also if your not picky about the type of paint you want on your body you might even want to try your local autobody shop since there are a host of guitars out there sporting auto body paint.

All in all the choice is really up to the balance between these three things: 1)what you want 2) how soon you want it back and 3) how much you have in your budget for the work.

I Know that Myself (Universal Jems) as well as LGM *will work with you to try and get whats right for you at a price you can afford. Other than that the others will probably just say take it or leave it.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 11:18 PM

Re: cosmetic repairs/changes

I'm having a similiar problem with a used bass I bought. How much would it cost to replate a couple of Ibanez Soundgear bass saddles in black?

Tags
edge trem , lgm guitars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode