Could i change the 2 position switch of my RG620x to a 3 position switch? - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

Could i change the 2 position switch of my RG620x to a 3 position switch?

Hi,

First tell that i used the search thing but no answer to my question,so thanks in advance to all the people that read this and try to help me.

I own a 2001 Ibanez RG620x, this is the old model that have the 2 positions mini switch where you can select or the magnetics pickups or the piezo sound.

If i am not wrong, in 2002 Ibanez add a 3 position mini switch where you can select: the magnetics pickups, the piezo sound and mix both together.

My question is:

Could i change the 2 position switch of my 2001 RG620x to a 3 position switch (on/on/on) without any mod like in the 2002 Rg620x? is the LR Baggs board the same in both models?

If i can do this change or upgrade to my guitar, how must i wire the board with the new 3 positions mini switch?

Thanks so much again for read this, and if someone did before this or know how to do it, i will be very thankful for the help.

Last edited by supergirl20_06; 04-23-2007 at 11:56 AM. Reason: mistake in the text
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007, 03:00 PM

Re: Could i change the 2 position switch of my RG620x to a 3 position switch?

Change the switch and following the wiring on the newer RG620x.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for your help buddroyce but today, thanks to the member horstausmforst i knew that my guitar is not a RG620x, it is a strange RG520x, so your advice will not works with my guitar.

Anyway thanks so much for your answer and your time helping me.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergirl20_06 View Post
Thanks for your help buddroyce but today, thanks to the member horstausmforst i knew that my guitar is not a RG620x, it is a strange RG520x, so your advice will not works with my guitar.

Anyway thanks so much for your answer and your time helping me.
I'm pretty sure if you wire it up like a newer 620x it will work dude.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 05:27 AM

it will work. the laws of electro magnetics are greater than the laws of ibanez model numbering. get a 3way and wire it up

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode