Are CTS Pots that hard to turn? What about Burns Pots? - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-17-2014, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

Are CTS Pots that hard to turn? What about Burns Pots?

Hello.

I'm thinking of replacing the Alpha volume pots i have on my guitars with CTS Log Pots, because i saw a online comparison of the two tapers and the CTS is just amazing, it's really natural unlike the Alpha Log, and i can get a bigger range of tones.

However, i like the feel of my New Alpha Pots i bought, they are not too easy or too hard to turn, they're just right, i can go from zero to 10 in one swell, i use the volume a lot.

Are CTS Pots that much stiffer and harder to turn than Alphas? Will it be unpleasant for me?

And what about Burns Pots? They have a similar taper to CTS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-18-2014, 09:59 AM

Re: Are CTS Pots that hard to turn? What about Burns Pots?

Like all pots, CTS will vary.

They do make the YJM volume pot though, which is designed to be easier to turn with the pink for volume swells and so on, that would probably be a good choice.

Tags
burns , cts , pots

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode