DBZ bird of prey setup - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 02:55 PM Thread Starter

DBZ bird of prey setup

Well my dilemma is I cannot get the action to low on the guitar without buzz on frets 11-13 on the B string. Also i get buzz if the action is too low frets 5-7 on high E, but thats not a big deal, since i dont mind the action a little high on those frets.

Also strings 6-4 i can get the action real low no problem even though i dont need them real low. So what i am trying to say is am i doing something wrong, or does it have to do with the guitar itself.

note I have ibanez which i love and get the action super low with no buzz at all, and the action is no where near as low as my ibanezs yet im getting buzz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 03:13 PM

Reviews: 11
Re: DBZ bird of prey setup

Sounds like possible warpage on the treble side.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

Re: DBZ bird of prey setup

This is sort of on the same topic

I own 4 guitars

Ibanez prestige setup super low and no buzz on any frets or strings

Ibanez rg 350dx. Buzz on high e and b strings fret 1 also no note coming out of 17th fret g string

dbz as stated above

dean from hell ml. Buzz to barley anything coming out of high e 1st fret, and buzz on frets 11-13 low E.

Am I just unlucky or bad at setting up guitars.

note I took my dean ml and ibanez 350dx to guitar shops one said i needed a fret job, and the other said he could get rid of it, but wasnt able to

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode