Dimarzio Cliplock strap to low down, wont adjust anymore..? - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-25-2003, 06:44 AM Thread Starter

Dimarzio Cliplock strap to low down, wont adjust anymore..?

Hey.

I just got a Dimarzio cliplock for xmas and i fitted it on (manged to use the orig ibanez scres) but i noticed it dosnt come up as much as id like, i wear my guitar like petrucci, real high up, but it wont adjust anymore and the max hight is to low fo me. Anyone know how to cure this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-25-2003, 12:31 PM

I know exactly where your coming from.
I too wear my guitars like Petrucci, really high up. And I am a big user of DiMarzio straps too.

They just dont go up high enough do they!!!
Luckily for me my mum does "alterations" to clothes and makes curtains.
So she lovingly adjusts it to a smaller size.

You could always try that. My mum just cuts a bit off, then sews it back up.
Thats what I do.
But I know exactly where your coming from, I love wearing my guitars high like Petrucci.
Gary - The.Godfather
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-25-2003, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

Yeah i literally cant play low down, my wrist just dosnt **** right for me to be able to do anything comoftably and without the feeling that my wrist is broke.

I tried folding/doubling a piece of the strap over and seeing it it would work, luckily it does, and im gonna hopefully get a faimly freind with a sewing machine to do a quick sew on it, that way ive still got all the material, ie no cutting, and it will thick a certain part of the strap out so a little bit more comfort
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-25-2003, 03:04 PM

Same as I did Sam, it should be very easy for someone experienced with sewing. My mum did mine, no loss of material and its snug.
What kind did you get?
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-25-2003, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

I got a white one , in the standard material (seatbelt stuff). Cant actually use it though as my injury has got to the point where i cant move my hands 80% of the time, just been on my own all day cos ive been so depressed over the whole thing, its mainly the fact thier getting worse which sucks
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-25-2003, 09:37 PM

Getting worse even when not using them?

When I stopped playing for a while I noticed they got worse before they got better.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-26-2003, 10:10 AM Thread Starter

Aye getting worse mate.

The thing that annoys me is that its like nearly 5 months and theres no end in sight, and i can see this going on for months and months again, so by the time its sorted i may have been out of playing for 3/4 of a year or more.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-30-2003, 10:06 AM

Re: Dimarzio Cliplock strap to low down, wont adjust anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirly
Hey.

(manged to use the orig ibanez scres)
How did you manage that? On mine they won't fit in the gold yelets on the strap!
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-30-2003, 11:49 AM Thread Starter

Aye they dont, i had to take the gold eyelets out and just stick the screws through the hole in the strap.

What i did though is use the little white plastic washers on one side of the hole, then on the other (the side that makes contact with the body) i used the small black felt eyelets that you get with the guitar anyway.

I tried drilling out the small gold eyelets in order for the big ibanez screws to fit throught but they got so thin they split lol, so i just had to stick the screws straight through.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-30-2003, 11:57 AM

It may take some fiddling, but i think them DiMarzio ClipLocks are 100% worth it. I just really like em.

I may try not cutting it next I get one and just do what you said, folding it over so its more snug. Sounds like a better idea.
Oh and hope you hands get better, there cant be much worse than dying to play the guitar but cant properly.
Gary - The.Godfather
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-31-2003, 04:40 PM

Hi folks!

Be careful with the Dimarzio straplock system!
After I equipped my Ibanez Rg-1570 with a vived green one,the screws(wich were the original Ibanez screw actually)it widened the hole of the screw,so my strap pin is always wobbling now!!
Bye
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-31-2003, 05:17 PM
Fry

i know that dimarzio screws are really small, but i used them anyways, and they are still snug after 6 months. why don't you guys just try the dimarzio screws, and see if they stay tight.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-01-2004, 06:42 AM

I still use the Dimarzio ones too.
Gary - The.Godfather
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-01-2004, 07:25 AM
dex

Me too, after sticking a few bits of ****tail sticks in the hole.
Works like a charm.

ilia
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-02-2004, 08:08 PM
Ice

buy

They make different sizes just buy the smaller strap. I never have had anyproblem with the screws in the guitar either and I'll swing it all over around the world and all. You can order the smaller straps right from their website, otherwise just cut some off and start sewing.

Tags
dimarzio cliplock , dimarzio strap

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode