Disable Floating Bridge - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-13-2005, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

Disable Floating Bridge

Does anyone know how to completly disable the floating bridge, so if i break a string it will still be in tune?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-13-2005, 05:22 PM

Re: Disable Floating Bridge

Wait for tremol-no to be available on allparts.com, or, alternatively, take a block of wood, grind it down to the right size and stick it behind the trem block (is that what it's called) in the trem cavity. Of course any other object of the right size/shape would work, but wood's the best idea. For the best stability you might want to stick one in front of the block as well.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-13-2005, 09:12 PM

it seems like tons of people block their trems, but no where can you find dimensions of how big you should cut a piece of wood, how big do you make it?

the tremelno looks sweet
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-13-2005, 09:15 PM

^^yes tremol-no is the choice
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-13-2005, 10:00 PM

I'm also voting for the Tremol-No! But don't Ibanez make a tremolo lock? I'm pretty sure Rich sells them.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 07:29 AM

You make it as big as you need, you can look in the tremolo cavity and measure it (make sure you got the trem angle right first). Make it slightly bigger than the dimensions snce if you make it too small it's no use of course. Try to make it the length of the tremolo block, to eliminate any movement of the bridge.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-17-2005, 01:35 PM

Lightbulb Re: Disable Floating Bridge

Set your tremolo up so that the base plate is parallel to the body of the guitar (you don't need to adjust height, just the spring tension) and measure the cavities on both sides of the tremolo block thing in the back of the body,
then create 2 (wooden preferably) blocks and place the first one on the opposite side of the springs, then remove all springs but one (as a ground) and place the second in, now the tremolo should be completly stable, good luck m8!

regards
Jonny

I learned this from a site btw, I don't have the ability to have though this up myself lol.

Tags
base plate , trem block , tremolo cavity

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode