Do I need the E-jack to set intonation on a 2018 RG752AHM Prestige? - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 01:45 AM Thread Starter

Do I need the E-jack to set intonation on a 2018 RG752AHM Prestige?

Hi, I’ll be getting my first ever Prestige next week. I read a thread where it was stated that the E-jack intonation tool was incredibly helpful. But, when I went to Amazon and read some user reviews, one person said any guitars NEWER than 2017 don’t benefit from the intonation tool because of improvements to the lo-pro edge 7 trem design. Is this true?

I don’t know anything yet about intonating a lo-pro edge 7 trem, just used Floyds in the past.

So, should I get this tool, or not?

Thanks guys for reading!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 02:27 AM

Re: Do I need the E-jack to set intonation on a 2018 RG752AHM Prestige?

I have one and it's great, 100% would recommend. Not sure what that amazon review was about, maybe he was thinking of the edge zero with the intonation thing on it.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 02:35 AM
Vendor

I stock them, but they're only useful if you have a bunch of different guitars and trem systems. I also have the old stock lo pro tools.

But typically if you start with a normal intonation pattern with the high e saddle about .3mm from the front edge of the trem you should find it very close.

Your arm holder will probably need to be fixed but you won't notice because with the new bushings it's so hard to get the new bar in the guitar you won't know it won't seat.

I hope you didn't buy the 752 on amazon
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

No Rich, I bought it from you; I’m the guy who wanted it strung with 008’s 🙂
I have no doubt you set it up perfectly! But since I’m a stickler for excellent intonation, I thought I’d need the tool eventually.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 02:33 PM
Vendor

I think you'd be very surprised at how little the wood moves that it would ever need to be adjusted again. A hair of finger pressure more, a hair closer to a fret, all affect intonation more than anything else after it's already been set right.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

Super! Good to know Rich!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 07:47 PM Thread Starter

Rich, do I need to DO anything to “fix” the arm holder you are referring to? While waiting to get my guitar in the mail, I read that the new bushings on the trem arm are too big.... do/should I somehow sand them down a bit, or otherwise make them smaller? I don’t want to wreck my brand new trem just by putting the bar into it!!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 07:59 PM
Vendor

The spring problem is fixed before i send anything out. You do have to get the bar in and seated, just be careful.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Rich!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode