Edge II Brass sustain block help - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

Edge II Brass sustain block help

I got a 2013 RG450 which comes equipped with an Edge II (I believe) without the zero point system. Currently trying to find a brass block replacement but all I seem to find are block that are designed for Edge II with the zps. Anyone know if a block for the original edge will fit an edge II. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Edge II front.jpg (47.7 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Edge II.jpg (32.2 KB, 20 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 12:34 PM

Re: Edge II Brass sustain block help

The bridge you have is the "Edge Zero II". I don't know if there was ever a such thing as the "Edge II", but if there was it was before my time.

The brass trem block you want is this one:
http://www.killerguitarcomponents.co...o-block-detail
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

That's designed for the zero point system. Mine does't have that. If I were to use that block I wouldn't be able to mount my spring properly.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 05:35 PM

Reviews: 120
Talk to Hantug Custom Guitars, they have an EZ II option. It looks to be the one with zero point, but I'd bet they'd be able to help you out with some info provided by you.

https://www.hantug.com/index.php?rou...product_id=137
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
I got a 2013 RG450 which comes equipped with an Edge II (I believe) without the zero point system. Currently trying to find a brass block replacement but all I seem to find are block that are designed for Edge II with the zps. Anyone know if a block for the original edge will fit an edge II. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Wondering if you ever found an answer to this question and bought a sustain block?

The used JEM BFP2 I just purchased has the same setup as your photos. An Edge zero point II Trem but no zero point system with it, just three spring screws for the claw. Would be interested in trying to replace it with a brass sustain block.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 10:24 AM

So email the manufacturers, they can easily modify the block to take a third spring instead of the ZPS system.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 12:51 PM

Drill a hole right in middle yourself. I recommend a drill press. If you don't have one surely you've got a friend with a grandpa that has one. Grandpa's are good at having good tools.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 06:27 AM

wouldn't the Ibanez® Edge from hantug fit? worse case find a used edge zero ii plate and modify it to match the new block.

Tags
ibanez trem sustain block

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode