EDGE II in JEM body. - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-15-2004, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

EDGE II in JEM body.

Hello.

I would like to ask yours a question. I have bought an Ibanez JEM body in eBay to replace it by my RG's 1570 body. I want to transfer all the hardware that I have to this one body.But I did not notice a thing and is this what I wanted to ask you. Can I install the bridge of my RG in the body of the JEM without having to modify nothing??

I know that there is to modify something when she goes of a bridge EDGE to LO PRO EDGE, but I do not know if it is possible to install a bridge EDGE in where a LO PRO EDGE would have to go. You understand to me?

Please, I need your help.

Thank you very much.

Deep.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-15-2004, 02:39 PM
EKG

The newer Edge Pro trems are completely new routes and different than the LoPro/Edge. I guess the main thing would be where the posts go. I'm not sure if they are in the same possition?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-16-2004, 08:35 AM
dex

People keep saying that it wouldn't fit but no one's tried it yet.
Just try and see if it fits for yourself.

ilia
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-16-2004, 09:38 AM

Re: EDGE II in JEM body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep
Can I install the bridge of my RG in the body of the JEM without having to modify nothing?
if it's a post-2003 Jem body you can't, unless you fill e re-route posts' holes (i guess).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep
I know that there is to modify something when she goes of a bridge EDGE to LO PRO EDGE.
as i know, that is untrue. i often swap Edges to Lo-Pros, and viceversa, with no mods at all.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-16-2004, 10:49 AM
EKG

Dex, you're right. At least I haven't tried it yet. But I took pics and measurements and compared them......they are different.

nuno, you're right, too. I've always been able to swap Edge and LoPro trems withing the same trem cavity.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-16-2004, 11:52 AM

To me, in all the pictures, it looks the same. If you line up where the studs are in relation to the bridge humbuckers it looks right. However, anything over a few thousandths of an inch and you can bind up in the posts when whammying, or you could send it off to one side farther than the other, since the treble side will lock onto the stud and the bass side will slide because it's flat. You just have to try it and be the hero who answers all our questions.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-16-2004, 11:58 AM

Also check your PM

Tags
bridge hum , bridge humbucker , edge pro trem , edge pro trems , ibanez jem , lopro trem , pro edge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode