Re: Edge mysteries solved!!......? - Answers to some common ques
There are a few ways to deal with it:
1. Bend the other note(s) slightly at the same time.
2. Apply pressure to the bridge with the edge of your palm while bending. If you learn to increase and reduce pressure at the right rate while you bend and release, the other notes can stay in tune very well.
3. More/stiffer springs will reduce the amount of bridge movement during bends.
4. A Tremsetter-style device will change the tremolo feel, but can hold the bridge in place during bends to a certain point and still allows bar use.
5. Tremol-No: You can quickly change between floating (as if the unit's not there at all) and hardtail mode (can't use the bar, bridge stays in place while bending).
I'd recommend working on points 1 & 2 first (after a while you'll probably be able to quickly adapt to any floating-bridge guitar), then deciding if any of the others are desired.