Edge Pro angle - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

Edge Pro angle

Does anyone have any "side shots" of the trem angle on the Edge pro. I recently got a RGT3120 and I'm finally getting around to setting it up properly this weekend. Any pics of a ballparked intonation allignment would be great too. I looked around on the Ibanez rules site but didn't find it.

thanks in advance! Any advice on setting up the edge pro and anything special about setting up a neck thru I should know would be appreciated.

Phil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 06:00 PM

Re: Edge Pro angle

hi......as far as angle goes....on the side of your tremolo.you will see the little slot where the knife edge was pressed in.........make that parallel with your guitar body...........

advice for setting one up......rule of thumb is to change one string at a time...
if you want to remove all your strings.....take a pack of strings are something similar and lay it under the back of the tremolo....this will keep it stable and it also keeps it at about the same angle as its supposed to be....

when puting all new strings........over tune your g d a and low e string....and tune your high e and b string to pitch......which in turn should knock the rest of the strings to close to the correct pitch.......along those lines....pretty easy........then lock your nut down and fine tune from there...
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 06:06 PM

...and stretch your strings comprehensively!

you want the body of your edge pro parallel with the body of the guitar.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 08:51 PM

How's that?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

Thanks so much for the help. That's exactly what i needed

phil

Tags
guitar body , neck thru

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode