Edge Pro arm holder - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-14-2015, 08:30 AM Thread Starter

Edge Pro arm holder

Hi everyone. I have a question about my arm holder on my edge pro. As you can see there's a screw part and it's broken. I've done some research and all the edge pro trems have just the hole and no screw part above. I'm not sure if I can just change the screw piece or is this like one solid part. All 2007 models have just the hole and I'm really confused. My knowlage is not good enough so any info from you guys would be great. Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg edge_pro.jpg (81.6 KB, 9 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-14-2015, 01:28 PM

Re: Edge Pro arm holder

The Edge Pro as shown has the screw-in sleeve/cylinder with the nut to lock it on from the bottom.
The Edge Pro II has just the hole...

You want an arm holder which is the same for current Edge and LoPro bridges...
I suggest contacting Mr. Rich Harris =]
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-14-2015, 01:30 PM

... now I see what you're saying though; was that retrofitted with the Floyd Rose/Schaller style threaded cap bar attachment?
I thought you had the EdgePro one partly unscrewed... then I looked again and realized, it's mounted that way.

You may need to get a replacement Schaller/Floyd Rose mount then, as that bridge has been modified.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-14-2015, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

Hi, thanks for reply. I'm the second owner so I really don't know if there are some new parts or modifications. I'll try to contact the previous owner but there's no mark or any indication that the mount or the base of the tremolo was modified. Really strange but again thank you for the information
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-14-2015, 11:12 PM

Sure thing.

I can say that the EdgePro (top end, not the EdgePro2 etc) shares the same arm holder cylinder part with the Edge ('newer' version ie; post-'87 I believe is where the was a difference) and LoPro - I've swapped mine out here and there...
And those sit flush to the top surface of the trem; what you're showing in your photo with the broken portion appears to the a Floyd finger-tight screw on bar, or one of the clones/licensed versions of this.

Hopefully the previous owner is available to you and can confirm this information.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2015, 02:10 AM Thread Starter

So, previous owner didn't change anything on the tremolo. But, I found some information about the mod where someone change the original flush socket with the new screw it in arm holder on edge pro. I actually prefer this method so hopefully I can buy new holder for original edge or something similar to this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 101_0347.jpg (14.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 101_0362.jpg (13.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 101_0360.jpg (12.0 KB, 3 views)
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2015, 10:16 AM

Gotcha' - if there's one in there now, I'm sure you can replace it with another unit and carry on.

Tags
edge pro , ibanez , tremolo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode