Edge Pro bridge problem: About that ring inside the tremolo hole - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-06-2013, 07:22 AM Thread Starter

Edge Pro bridge problem: About that ring inside the tremolo hole

Hi guys. I am not sure if this is already discussed somewhere here. I tried the Search function but didn't get any which can be helpful so I decided to make a thread about it.

After semi-excessive whammy antics on my Edge Pro, I always notice that the ring inside the tremolo hole is raised up. See my diagram here :

The ring is not supposed to be raised so my temporary solution was to rotate the screw found at the back as seen here :

Note also that that thing in the arrow of the 2nd picture is wiggle and somewhat loose when while I am in this situation.

While I use a pick to rotate the ring downwards, I rotate the screw at the back in an opposite direction. I continue to do so until I've reached a spot where the ring is not raised and at the same time, both the ring and the screw at the back are tight.

However, once I get to abusive whammy antics again, the same thing happens.

Is there something wrong with my bridge? Or am I doing something wrong? PLease help me to find a permanent solution for it.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-07-2013, 12:41 AM
Vendor

Re: Edge Pro bridge problem: About that ring inside the tremolo hole

http://www.ibanezrules.com/tech/setup/loose_holder.htm
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-07-2013, 10:22 AM

Exactly.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-07-2013, 05:17 PM

Reviews: 1

I made my own tool for tightening the pocket. I looked through some spare metal hinges and brackets sitting I had and found this one to be almost a perfect fit, just a little wide, so i shaved a bit off one side and now it fits perfectly in the slot with no room to slip.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-07-2013, 05:20 PM

I made my own out of the teeth of a baby fur seal. If you make your own tooth tool make sure you club the seal first otherwise they fight like hell.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-08-2013, 02:30 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the answers guys.

As of now, I really am afraid to remove the bridge and put it back again. There's no guitar luthier within a 10 mile radius from my place so I guess I have no choice but to do the same old method that I do for the time being.

On the brighter side, at least I know now how will it be fixed. Thank you again

Tags
tremolo ring

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode