edge pro and lo-pro edge - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 02:11 AM Thread Starter

edge pro and lo-pro edge

How can you tell the difference, if my guitar is a prestige rg from 2004, would it have a lo-pro, or an edge? If it has a lo-pro, and sits at the angle the edge pro is supposed to sit at, does that make a big difference?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 02:51 AM

Re: edge pro and lo-pro edge

The Edge-Pro was introduced in 2003. Pre 2003 models came with Lo-Pros.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 03:04 AM Thread Starter

I have an edge pro then. I have a big problem, I started a topic before about this, rich gave me a link, but it didn't really tell me anything new, I change strings and tune the way it is supposed to be done. The problem is that the bridge doesn't return to 0, I know it is impossible for a bridge to return 100%, but mine, if I pull it back(to raise in pitch) it returns leaving the strings +8/+9 out of tune, if I push down on the bar(lowering pitch) it returns leaving strings -2/-3 out of tune, this is surely not supposed to happen? It has recently been professionally set up, including fret dress and everything else. The trem is at the correct height it is supposed to be at. Is this because the edge-pro sucks? What is the logic behind making a worse trem than before on newer models? Why fix what isn't broken?
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 03:10 AM
Vendor

1570L, and the link I sent was lockdown procedure which you are not following. The trem when set and tuned in low neutral should always return to low neutral [bar down]. Pull up is another bag altogether.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 03:18 AM Thread Starter

It returns acceptable after pushing down on the bar, the other way, pulling up, leaves it miles out, as I've said, so, if I follow this procedure, this will stop happening? I don't get what you mean by another bag altogther. Do you mean it can't be fixed?
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 03:21 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikaciao
if I push down on the bar(lowering pitch) it returns leaving strings -2/-3 out of tune,
If you follow correct procedure this should not happen unless you have another problem. And, no, procedure isn't going to sure the pullup problem, read my email rply again.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 03:26 AM Thread Starter

Hello. I did not send you an email regarding this problem, maybe it was someone else, but it's the pull up problem I would like to solve, if possible.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 03:39 AM
Vendor

I guess you're not the guy with the 1570L then
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 03:41 AM Thread Starter

Close, 2570E? I think. Could you give me a fix for this issue? I should have said I didn't have the 1570l, but I didn't understand what you meant.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 03:44 AM
Vendor

No, I have about 8000 in this sent box.

Check for pickguard interference.
Otherwise
Another link

http://www.ibanezrules.com/tech/setu..._stability.htm
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 03:49 AM Thread Starter

It doesn't have a pickguard. As for issues, this guitar is not old, and hasn't recieved serious whammy abuse. The knife edges or posts could not be worn to an extent that they would create problems.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 03:54 AM
Vendor

No, but there are many related problems on that page, and your curved side knives are extremely fat.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 04:31 AM Thread Starter

What's the device you can install to help with this? It's called zero something.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 07:50 AM Thread Starter

I will just block it, it's more trouble then it's worth, no one should have to go to this amount of trouble to tune a fkin guitar. Amazing the technological advancements we have made since the 80s, and yet these things are still crap.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 07:55 AM

there are things that have been made that improve it eg backstop, esp arming adjuster, hipshot tremsetter
just they dont come as standard on ibanez guitars (or many others!!)

Tags
edge pros , esp arming adjuster , hipshot tremsetter , ibanez guitars , locking trems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode