Edge Pro Loose Bar - not the typical brushings or arm holder - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 59
Edge Pro Loose Bar - not the typical brushings or arm holder

Hi, hoping someone can help me.

I bought a used JS1000 last year and have been dealing with a loose trem bar. Usually, the answer to this is that the bar brushings are worn out or the arm holder is lose in the socket. However, this one is giving me problems. I put new brushings on the bar and have used a 10mm socket wrench to tighten the arm hold. The bar is still loose in the socket. I put the same bar in my JS1200 Edge Pro and it is not lose (very tight in fact with the new brushings).

Seems to be the issue is with the Edge Pro on the JS1000 but not sure what else I can mess with to get it to be tighter. The bar is tough to insert, very tight. However, once it is fully into the bridge, it is loose and won't hold position.

Wondering what my options are or if there is anything I've overlooked.

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 01:24 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
Re: Edge Pro Loose Bar - not the typical brushings or arm holder

replace the arm holder (what you're calling the socket)

IBANEZ.COM LINK REMOVED

Last edited by jemsite; 08-22-2017 at 02:37 PM.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 01:34 PM
Vendor

It's a wear item just as the bushing and the bar.

You may buy from HUSA and pay List price of $16 and $12 for shipping, or from a site Sponsor [who should have been recommended but Glen is more of a turd than anything these days], for $17 mailed.

IBANEZ RULES!! - PARTS FOR SALE
post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 01:36 PM

Just throwing this out there...

Doesn't Ibanez also offer a "loose bar"? In other words, I thought I saw a bar that is literally designed to be loose and droopy (I guess some people are into this). I only bring it up in the unlikely chance that you got one of these "loose" bars. Have you tried the bar in other Ibanez guitars to see if it's the same?
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 01:44 PM
site founder 0% owner

WM, the arm holder is designed to make the arm stay where you want (unlike the OFRs which never could). The arm holder is pretty soft and ovals. Not sure why Rich felt the need for another angry outburst but it is indeed a wear item. Buy a few from MrAngry - PARTS FOR SALE
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 01:44 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaestro View Post
Just throwing this out there...

Doesn't Ibanez also offer a "loose bar"? In other words, I thought I saw a bar that is literally designed to be loose and droopy (I guess some people are into this). I only bring it up in the unlikely chance that you got one of these "loose" bars. Have you tried the bar in other Ibanez guitars to see if it's the same?
I have never heard of anything like this. Are you confusing the Ultra Light bar which stays in place easier, and other benefits?

Anybody that wants a loose bar just insert and remove yours 30 times and it'll be loose.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 01:47 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemsite View Post
WM, the arm holder is designed to make the arm stay where you want (unlike the OFRs which never could). The arm holder is pretty soft and ovals. Not sure why Rich felt the need for another angry outburst but it is indeed a wear item. Buy a few from MrAngry - PARTS FOR SALE
Not sure why you're such an ******* for the last 3 months, except that it's in your DNA.

You bear the ID of Jemsite, yet you're recommending a member buy from corporate instead of a site sponsor, and you see no issue with that is a problem itself.
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 01:52 PM
site founder 0% owner

Holy jump to conclusions batman!

I posted a reference part #. First search page photo match with hot-linkable image.

If your site didn't SUCK A$$ with constant broken IMG links, no search box, etc. i'd have posted a link.

Don't let facts interrupt your narrative though
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 01:56 PM
Vendor

You posted a link to where to buy it from corporate, then an image of the part.

My site has HTAccess file issues with this new host, but I'm sure the OP actually knows what his arm holder looks like, since he's already tried to tighten it. So how redundant to post a picture anyway. Although if it helps explain your narrative.....
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 01:58 PM
site founder 0% owner

post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 02:00 PM
Vendor

Absolute D!CKHEAD!
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 02:19 PM
site founder 0% owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
I'm sure the OP actually knows what his arm holder looks like, since he's already tried to tighten it.
The picture is for ANYONE reading to reference on a public forum so there is 100% certainty.
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 02:22 PM
Vendor

And that explains why you posted the link to where to buy from corporate, for ANYONE reading.
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 02:35 PM
site founder 0% owner

Yes sir! because the part #, colors, etc. are there clear to see without fail.

Bottom line, if you actually assume a nefarious conspiracy to dissuade sale of a $12 part please PM/email instead of carrying on such as this in public, which is actually beneath you.
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 02:41 PM
Vendor

Funny how links work also.
http://www.ibanezrules.com/images/parts/2LE213C.jpg

And this is not the first time, this is just the first I've called you out on. I have zero intention of emailing you ever, as I'm sure you have zero interest in emailing me. I could give a rats a$$ about the $12 sale, it;'s having the "member" bearing the ID of JEMSITE refer any member to a non site sponsor, which is exactly what you did no matter how you want to spin it.

And if you want to get right down to it, my site sucks a$$, but this site sucks a$$ the size of Chris Christies.

7 posts yesterday, 4 the day before, 8 the day before. So these 14 posts alone represent 2 days worth of activity on this entire forum. That is the definition of sucking Chris Christie A$$.

Tags
edge pro , js1000 , lose bar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode