Edge tremolo won't stay in tune after a dive or a pull - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 01-07-2018, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

Edge tremolo won't stay in tune after a dive or a pull

Hello,
I recently bought a new Ibanez RG655 with an Edge tremolo. So far I really like the guitar except for the tuning stability issues.
It goes flat / sharp depending on whether I dive or pull on the strings.
I can usually get it back to perfect tuning by pulling after a dive, diving after a pull and by adjusting the tremolo bar position.
I've changed to a thicker strings gauge since I got it, but I had the same issue with it when it had the original strings installed as well.
I adjusted the bridge to compensate for the new strings and it's aligned correctly as far as I can tell. The locking nuts and and the studs are locked and I've also stretched the strings several times already.
I've checked out ibanez rules and followed some of the advice from Rick's website, but the problem continues.
The tremolo bar position seems to affect the pitch a little as well. If I hold the guitar in the playing position and the tremolo bar is perpendicular to the ground, the guitar is in perfect tune. If I move it left or right it goes a little flat / sharp.

Thank you, any help is highly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
edge bridge issue , ibanez bridge issue

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode