Edge Zero 2 questions - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-13-2012, 02:25 PM Thread Starter

Edge Zero 2 questions

OK, so I'm pretty much sold as hell on buying myself a premium. I'm in the UK so I know a couple places where I can get an RG827QMZ, but I've some questions.

1 - The EZ2 trem. I'm not worried about tuning stability, they seem rock solid. What I want to know is, even though they don't come with the intonation tool, will the intonation tool from a ZR function with them?

2 - The trem again - I like playing with 11 guage strings. Can the trem handle this? I've never set up my ZR (6 or 7 string) guitars with more than 10s. I don't mind keeping with that, but 11's would be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-13-2012, 02:31 PM
Vendor

Re: Edge Zero 2 questions

1. No, the back of the trem is not threaded for the tool.

2. If it will take the tension it will be right at the end of the spring range. If it won't you'll have to switch to EGEN springs, but they're for an S and are larger diameter. Might creat some setup complications, might not.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-13-2012, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

Ah, thats a shame. Looks like I'm stuck on 10s then. I rarely if ever do my own intonation though, (I know how to do it, I try to do it, and then it never seems to work. Maybe my brain is wired weird...) so I guess point 1 is moot.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-13-2012, 02:48 PM
Vendor

It's one of the few times I actually use a tool is the zr/ez, if you can't use the fine tuners intonation with a strobe is a real pain.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-13-2012, 03:15 PM

If you run out of room to dial in the back, you can cut a winding or two off the springs to get the tension higher.
That way it will be able to counteract the tension from the 11s.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-13-2012, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
It's one of the few times I actually use a tool is the zr/ez, if you can't use the fine tuners intonation with a strobe is a real pain.
oof, wow, I can imagine. Still though...as nice as it is to be able to do it myself, I've never had any skill with getting it spot on, so I don't see the option of "give it to my local guy, who does it better than I can" as a big hurt in this situation.

Course, I'd be buying from you, but sadly I'm international and can't afford the VAT and Customs on top of your setup

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode