Epiphone SG G-310 Mods - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 05:20 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2
Epiphone SG G-310 Mods

Hello all! Been browsing this forum again, as I often do when guitar thoughts are stirring in my brain...

Anyway, my brother got an Epiphone SG G-310 as his first guitar several years ago. It had plenty of problems: loose tuning pegs, didn't stay in tune, finished neck (ugh), stripped screws. He used it a bit. But eventually he decided to pick up bass and has bought himself some nice gear for that. So his guitar has been sitting around for about a year. He was thinking about selling it for about $50 or so, as its condition warrants about that price if you want to sell it reasonably quickly. But this situation got me thinking.

I was thinking of maybe just having him give me the guitar as a Christmas present, and have it as a sort of practice guitar to mod and fool around on. If I jack it up, then it's no loss to me really, as I have an Ibanez RGA 42FM that I love dearly But if this did pan out, I'd need help.

So basically, what modding suggestions would you have? Keep in mind I have 0 experience doing body mods of any kind, the most technical I've gotten was learning how to set up an Edge III trem on my old guitar (which was really learning patience and not much else). I've adjusted truss rods and intonation, but have never done electrical mods or such. I was thinking, bare minimum, of switching the pickups out. What suggestions would you have for an SG? I would also like to change out the tuners to something brand name, and maybe the bridge, although I have no idea how I would ever do that :P I would probably be getting any/all parts used from e-bay or such, not wanting to dump tons of money into this, but really trying to just learn how to mod. But good results wouldn't hurt either . So pickup, tuner, and bridge suggestions would be welcome!

This is the guitar he has, in solid black: [ugh, dang filters. Just Google Epiphone SG G-310, and the one in the black finish is the right one.]
Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
epiphone , epiphone sg , g-310 , mods , pickups

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode