Euphoria EP10BP Tone Control - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

Euphoria EP10BP Tone Control

I did try searching; I just might not be any good at it. I did also submit a request to Ibanez support for all the good that will do.

I purchased an Ibanez Euphoria EP10BP (Black Pearl) shortly after they were released. The tone knob on the device has never seemed to have any effect. Turning the knob does not seem to produce any change in the tone at all. The volume knob and 4-position switch work fine.

Is it possible to purchase replacement parts that might remedy this tone knob issue? Are the effects of the knob so subtle that my ears might be incapable of detecting them? Can anyone with this guitar comment on the effect they hear from the adjustment of the tone knob?

Maybe it's not even a tone knob. Maybe it's a Vai hair blower control?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 03:50 PM

Have you tried a fresh battery? Which preamp does it have?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

Re: Euphoria EP10BP Tone Control

Hey, thanks for the reply!

Yes, I have been through many batteries with it. This has been the case with the guitar since I bought it new several years ago. I think I just always naively assumed it was a very subtle effect.

The electronics:

Fishman Acoustic Matrix Pickup, Fishman Aura IC Preamp with Steve Vai Original Pre-set Sound
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4258[4157].jpg (1.90 MB, 43 views)
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 01:37 PM Thread Starter

Support tells me it's supposed to be a tone knob (as expected). Now I'm just trying to find anybody who owns one of these Euphorias to see if they behave (or rather, fail to behave) the same as mine.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 04:47 PM

I have one of these and have just tested it (I normally only play mine acoustically so don't really plug it in unless I'm recording something which meant I had to find a new battery and change that first).

The bottom dial is indeed a tone control and does take off the treble if you turn it left (as in your photo). The Fishman support were helpful when I was missing one for the screw caps and posted me some more so hopefully they can help you further. I believe Steve Vai actually uses a DiMarzio Angel pickup on the sound hole of his EP10 either instead of or perhaps mixed with the Fishman?

Don't know about you but I absolutely love this guitar - the thin body is so comfortable compared to a "normal" acoustic and the neck once I'd sorted the fret ends is really slick so much so that I can easily forget I'm not playing an electric until I try a bend I like the fact it isn't loud acoustically so you can play at night without disturbing anyone and I really like the acoustic tone of my example - I have an EP7 too but this sounds richer and feels a step forward.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 10:52 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, Matt. I do love the guitar. It took some setup, as the intonation wasn't great out of the box. My sound guy hates it compared to my "traditional" acoustics because (he says) the tone isn't as good. I am currently trying to find the best EQ settings for it. Part of that is trying to figure out if the tone knob works. If yours produces noticeable changes in tone/treble, then it seems mine may have an issue.

I think I will try Fishman support. Thanks for that suggestion!

Tags
euphoria tone knob ep10bp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode