Fine Tuner Screw - Lo Pro Edge - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-30-2017, 08:51 AM Thread Starter

Fine Tuner Screw - Lo Pro Edge

Hi Guys,
I neew help with 2 questions:
1.- How Can I remove a fine tuner from my Lo Pro Edge Tremolo? Fine tuner has a plastic ring in the bottom... so... it's not possible remove it. Check first picture.

2.- How Can I remove a fine tuner broken?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-30-2017, 11:03 AM

Reviews: 6
Re: Fine Tuner Screw - Lo Pro Edge

I don't see any picture on your post
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-30-2017, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel1977 View Post
Hi Guys,
I neew help with 2 questions:
1.- How Can I remove a fine tuner from my Lo Pro Edge Tremolo? Fine tuner has a plastic ring in the bottom... so... it's not possible remove it. Check first picture.

2.- How Can I remove a fine tuner broken?
I've had to replace one of these screws and yes, there's a little plastic clip underneath that prevents the screw from backing all the way out. Unfortunately, this was many years ago so I don't remember exactly how I did it, so forgive me for the lack of details...

You can clip that little plastic retainer off (which means you have to destroy it), and the tuner will come out. However, to my knowledge you can't put that clip back on, so once you replace with a new fine-tuner screw, you just have to be careful not to accidentally back the screw all the way out. When I did it, I think I used either wire-cutters or a pair of fingernail clippers to clip the plastic retainer. It's pretty easy, actually.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-30-2017, 01:06 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for you answer! Sorry, I couldn't upload the picture from my phone... I will try later.
I'm fixing the issue but How can I get the new plastic ring of the fine tuner screw? It's possible to buy? Where?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-30-2017, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel1977 View Post
Thanks for you answer! Sorry, I couldn't upload the picture from my phone... I will try later.
I'm fixing the issue but How can I get the new plastic ring of the fine tuner screw? It's possible to buy? Where?
No, once it's gone it's gone, and can't be replaced (as far as I know). That's why, once you have your new tuner in, you have to always be careful not to accidentally unscrew your fine tuner all the way when tuning, but it's not really a huge issue.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-30-2017, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

thanks!!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-30-2017, 05:14 PM
Vendor

They can be replaced but were never needed and a waste of over engineering.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-2017, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
They can be replaced but were never needed and a waste of over engineering.
^ Listen to this man. He's the one who originally helped me with this exact issue years ago--and told me about removing that little plastic clip.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode