Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Fine Tuner Screw - Lo Pro Edge

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  webmaestro 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,
I neew help with 2 questions:
1.- How Can I remove a fine tuner from my Lo Pro Edge Tremolo? Fine tuner has a plastic ring in the bottom... so... it's not possible remove it. Check first picture.

2.- How Can I remove a fine tuner broken?

#3 ·
I've had to replace one of these screws and yes, there's a little plastic clip underneath that prevents the screw from backing all the way out. Unfortunately, this was many years ago so I don't remember exactly how I did it, so forgive me for the lack of details...

You can clip that little plastic retainer off (which means you have to destroy it), and the tuner will come out. However, to my knowledge you can't put that clip back on, so once you replace with a new fine-tuner screw, you just have to be careful not to accidentally back the screw all the way out. When I did it, I think I used either wire-cutters or a pair of fingernail clippers to clip the plastic retainer. It's pretty easy, actually.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.