Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Fine tuners on Edge Pro: Tuning problem

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Corny 
#1 ·
Hey folks,

I took my Edge Pro apart to clean every last screw (and to install a new trem block). Apparently I made a mistake when reassembling it: the fine tuners only start to effect the string tension a few mm before the point of being completely screwed in. The most part of the "screw-way" (sorry, I just don't know my lingo), they do nothing. I think this is because the fine tuners aren't in touch with the fine tuner spring (?) on top of the tremolo block until they're nearly completely screwed in.
In the end, this obviously makes it hard to properly tune the guitar after locking the nut.

I have to add that I did this years ago and just never took the time to fix it. Last year I got the guitar professionally setup, but the guy missed that problem and I failed to address it.

Do you know if it's an easy fix? In the last years I kinda lost contact to playing and working on guitar, but I want to get back to it.

Thanks in advance!

#4 ·
You may not have assembled the saddle back into the spring plate correctly [although I'm not sure if you can't] but the fine tuner should be in contact with the tail of the saddle at all times except when the tail is in it's fully sprung up position and you loosen the fine tuner more.

#7 ·
Thanks for your thoughts, guys. Family happened, sorry for the late answer.

That's something I considered, but I didn't see how big the difference would be.

Maybe these images further clarify things - you have to look really close though. The third pic shows it best, I think.

I'll probably have to take it apart again and check everything, like Rick and peromucho have indicated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.