Fitting a new pick guard for my jem 555 - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

Fitting a new pick guard for my jem 555

Is there a site that tells what Ibanez guitars have interchangeable parts, in this case pick guards.. is a rg 550 the same as a 7v or 555.... every time I see one that says jem pickguard on amazon or eBay it has a horrid rateing ... there’s a trillion strats but Ibanez seems to be tough! Where can I buy a different pick guard or scratch plate that WILL FIT MY 555
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 03:15 PM
Vendor

Re: Fitting a new pick guard for my jem 555

Pickguards vary within any specific model alone. Some Fujigen JEM guards do not match others with the same trem. They will usually be exact but you may have one where the pickguard supplier put a hole here a little left and a hole there a little right. Either because there was no exact standard or because they just didn't cut to the standard. Because most are the same I'd figure on the later. Then you have pre 2005 56mm neck heel width and 2005> 58mm wide neck heel which make another difference. Edge / Lo Pro guard should be the same but Edge Pro are different, as are Edge Zero.

A Japanese guard should not line up to a Korean or Chinese.

So anybody selling generic cut guards should have low ratings because everybody thinks all guards are the same and they're far from it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in