Floyd Rose from Guitar Fetish - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

Floyd Rose from Guitar Fetish

Was wondering if anyone has used the floyds from guitar fetish? Not the fast loaders but the other ones (dual locking)...here.....

http://store.guitarfetish.com/nehedudulofl.html

If their sales pitch is to be taken litteraly than this seems like a very good deal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 11:24 AM

Reviews: 2
Re: Floyd Rose from Guitar Fetish

Personally it looks to good to be true. Then again, everything on that site looks too good to be true

but this isn't from experience or anything.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 11:50 AM

Their sales pitch is the same for everything they sell, its a little much to be believed, frankly. THe single locking ones they sell are as good as OFRs according to them. I dont think so, somehow.
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 12:40 PM

Reviews: 2

just looks like cheap 5hit to me.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 12:54 PM

Reviews: 1

I've perchased a strat pickguard from them before. It came in an envolope and was all bent up. While the quality of the part was sufficient, I wasn't too happy with the shipment. I read a post recently on another forum of a member who bought one of their Les Paul copies and was pretty displeased. I don't have any knowledge of there hardware though.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 03:24 PM

Reviews: 18

Looks very cheap to me. Also, take a look at the wannabe knife edges

Jimmy
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 08:28 AM

Reviews: 34

I'm gonna say no.

Basically if it isn't Schaller or Gotoh don't bother.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 06:35 PM

Reviews: 120

If it's anything like their customer service then avoid it!
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 09:07 PM

All depends what you're putting it in I guess... I bought one from them and put it in my Kramer wanna-be 5150 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...6/SANY0240.jpg , no problems. Of course it's not floating either. I've ordered from them twice, and had the product in 2 days both times.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 11:27 AM

Their pickups are fine. I've used them before, and so have a lot of other guys on here. I can't vouch for this trem, but not everything they sell is crap.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 07:03 PM

I bet its a better trem than these:

http://www.prorockgear.com/frspecial.aspx
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 10:53 PM
Banned

I'm not going to try to convince you by saying " that thing looks so bad, don't buy it" all I'm saying is to be aware of which LFR you buy. We all know how reliable the Original Ibanez Edge trem, and probibly everyone was saying simmular things about it.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-03-2009, 05:43 AM

Hi!

I actually registered to reply to this thread

Anyway, the "heavy duty" floyd rose sold by Guitarfetish is made by Ping, and this is actually a really decent trem. You know those nice expensive $1200++ Wolfgang EVH guitars? They use this *exact* trem. The $999 Fernandes Revolver Elite? Yep, them too.

This is an excellent upgrade unless you're already running Gotoh or a good Edge incarnation. The arm collar is slightly unpractical since you basically need a tool to tighten the arm, but I dare say this floyd feels *way* better than OFR/Schaller. It also has a fairly low profile.

Tuning stability is excellent, equal to or better than the "original" floyds produced these days. The knife edges aren't razor sharp, but neither are Gotoh's in case you haven't looked

These items usually sell for $30-50 used on ****, the peavey branded ones I've even seen go for $120 used (though with the lame d-tuna knob attached).

Oh, and you can also retrofit the not-so-nice schaller-produced collar + arm if you absolutely feel like downgrading -- it fits nice and tight in the standard 9mm hole in the base plate.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-03-2009, 06:11 AM

Reviews: 4

Knife edges arn't meant to be "razor sharp" anyway. Unless you want your studs sliced in half

I've personally never found a LFR to perform aswell as an OFR. I find that an OFR will pretty much always return 100% from a pull up, the most I can get out of any LFR is 95-98% from pull ups. Dive bombs are always 100% with both.

Quote:
ut I dare say this floyd feels *way* better than OFR/Schaller. It also has a fairly low profile.
I really hate LP trems for some reason. Don't know why, but I prefer the feel of a non-recessed OFR to a recessed LP trem anyday of the week.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-03-2009, 06:12 AM

^^thanks andrerav for trying it

However, I think the Schaller collar arms are great

Tags
anyone used them?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode