FR-type tremolos not requiring removal of balls from strings - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 06:18 AM Thread Starter

FR-type tremolos not requiring removal of balls from strings

I'm interested in one thing concerning Ibanez Floyd-Rose-type tremolo bridges which I hadn't been able to find enough information about: does any Ibanez Floyd-Rose-type tremolo bridge which doesn't require removal of balls from strings while restringing exist? Or is it possible to restring any Ibanez Floyd-Rose-type tremolo bridge wihout removal of these balls from strings (deeper string holders etc.)?
I've found that Edge Pro "features a novel set of saddles with integrated string locks and string holders which do not require removing the ball end of the string at the bridge side" (from: Ibanez Wikia), but I haven't found any such information about other Ibanez Floyd-Rose-type tremolo bridges. According to that "Edge Pro is evolutionary redesign of the Lo-Pro Edge" (ibid.), I conclude that Lo-Pro Edge requires removal of balls from strings, but what about other Floyd-Rose-type tremolo bridges?
I'm especially interested in Floyd-Rose-type tremolo bridge which are or were mounted in Ibanez S series: ZR, ZR-II, Edge Zero, Edge III, Edge Zero II.
Maybe it's not a crucial feature of tremolo bridge, but it has some influence on overall convenience, and there is very little information about it in avaiable literature.
Thanks for any information.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 01:49 PM

Reviews: 18
Re: FR-type tremolos not requiring removal of balls from strings

As far as I know, the Edge Pro is the only Ibanez double-locking tremolo that allows for a string to be used without cutting the ball end.

Tags
edge , restringing , tremolo bridge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode