Ibanez JEM Forum banner

fretboard booboo

Tags
fret board
2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  scotty 
#1 ·
:( well guys, i tried to remove the fretboard off of my rg 270dx (ive done it before on other guitars perfectly), but this time it was alittle stubborn. the reason i was removing the fretboard was because it had white binding but i wanted black binding to match the body. i was using a hot iron with a knife and it was alittle more stubborn then usual. after a few taps, boom the fretboard snapped around the 19th fret. after cursing myself for ever thinking i could do it i got the fretboard off and now i have a bare neck. i was wondering if anyone knew where i could get a fretboard with a 25.5 scale and 12" radius. i already checked warmoth and stewmac but they didnt have any. any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! ps. im 15 so im broke so i cant really buy a new neck right now.

#5 ·
Yes it does. They have enough fretboard extension that you just cut the last two slots yourself. And since the last two slots don't really need to carry any tension you can cut them with just about anything from .020 to .050, if you don't have a fret saw. If your saw is too wide you can glue those last two frets in. As for locating the slots, you could simply line them up off of you old fretboard if you don't have a template.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.