FU Tone tremstoppers - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-03-2013, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2
FU Tone tremstoppers

Recently ordered two of the FLoyd Upgrades metal tremstoppers for my PGM reissues. Wow, sure beats shimming pieces of wood, which can fall out at any time, and the extra "resonance" from the metal to metal to wood contact was immediately noticable. Just put in an order today for a few more to replace the Edge Pro plastic tremstoppers on my other Ibanez guitars which all have the edge pro bridge. Some of the bridges with these plastic ones installed don't even sit even, plus, they are PLASTIC!!! I highly recommend these metal FU upgrades tremstoppers! Some day, when I have the funds, I just may have to try the big block upgrades, which I see they make for all of the Ibanez trems now. Also, I didn't even order the extra pricey brass tremstoppers, just the plain silver ones, and I noticed the "connection" and extra vibration in the body of these guitars right away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-03-2013, 05:30 PM

Reviews: 120
Re: FU Tone tremstoppers

I like my trem stopper better, cheaper and easy to switch on the fly!
http://www.lonephantom.com/2012/02/t...emolo-stopper/
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-03-2013, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2

That is really cool.......I never would have thought of that! I was always using glue and popsicle sticks to make the right size wood shim, and then trying to glue it in place. Those would often fall out, though, so I was always on edge if I was playing a gig.....once the shim falls out, it is major surgery to get in back in just right and set the guitar back up again.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-04-2013, 09:47 AM

I made a similar style tremstopper out of aluminum and Stainless a while back. I agree that you notice a tone and resonance difference when in contact. The problem for me was that when you wammy, there is a really loud click when the block hits the screw. I didn't like it, so I put a thin felt washer over the screw and left it like that. Resonance benefit went away somewhat.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode