Goldo Backbox/Arming Adjuster Questions - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2013, 02:59 AM Thread Starter

Goldo Backbox/Arming Adjuster Questions

Hey guys, I had a question about the backbox, I've been thinking about buying/installing them in my guitars and I was wondering if anyone had any tips on installing the thing since I'm at a loss. Also is there any difference or advantage of the backbox to the esp arming adjuster? The arming adjuster has some brass parts it looks like and it mounts with 4 smaller screws and the backbox has a nice felt tip which is a huge bonus but other than that I dont know.

I had a few questions like should I install it in the middle and move the middle spring on my guitars or should I install 2 of them and make it sort of like an ibanez backstop? I remember seeing a few people that installed 2 arming adjusters and also 2 backboxes and it intrigued me, I remember reading that the esp arming adjuster didn't have the same power as the backstop but do people like Vai even use all that counter tension?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2013, 10:50 AM

Reviews: 4
Talking Re: Goldo Backbox/Arming Adjuster Questions

One of our members wrote a very complete review of all these devices. It was so good I bought the Goldo. Haven't installed it yet though. I can't seem to fine the article now. Someone will post the link.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2013, 08:36 PM

Re: Goldo Backbox/Arming Adjuster Questions

Move one spring over so there is a gap between , enough for the bb to fit. Installation is simple. 2 screws. Tune your guitar make sure the trem is where you want it.The BB felt tip should touch the trem but not move it. Screw it in, and you can make adjustments from there with the 2 set screws. 15 minute operation
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2013, 08:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragsternj View Post
Move one spring over so there is a gap between , enough for the bb to fit. Installation is simple. 2 screws. Tune your guitar make sure the trem is where you want it.The BB felt tip should touch the trem but not move it. Screw it in, and you can make adjustments from there with the 2 set screws. 15 minute operation
So install it in the middle, correct? Also I use heavy springs on my 7 string tremolos will the backbox have any issues being a counterbalance against them?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 01:26 AM

you can if its a seven. There is an adjustment screw for the tension. should be no issue
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-01-2014, 10:46 PM

Hello,

Will this work for a edge zero with ZPS3? If not, what else can be done to block the trem? I found the Tremolo-no but that is not compatible.

Other than a wood block what else can be done? Thanks
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-02-2014, 02:08 AM

Reviews: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yianni54 View Post
Hello,

Will this work for a edge zero with ZPS3? If not, what else can be done to block the trem? I found the Tremolo-no but that is not compatible.

Other than a wood block what else can be done? Thanks
The Goldo is not a trem blocker. It's only function is to return tuning to "zero" after trem use. The same thing your ZPS3 does...........

Tags
esp arming adjuster , goldo backbox

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode