Gotoh 1996t trem posts - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jono82

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-04-2016, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

Gotoh 1996t trem posts

Does anyone know if the Gotoh posts will fit into the mounting points that an original Edge uses?

I want to replace Edge with Gotoh and was wondering if I was going to get new posts, if I could use the Gotoh ones or if it'd be better to buy new Edge ones. I don't want to have to pull out the studs and reroute the body. I just want to replace the posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-04-2016, 11:08 PM

Reviews: 120
Re: Gotoh 1996t trem posts

From memory they are the same thing. I could be wrong though.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 08:15 AM

If memory serves me right, one is 25 mm long and the other is 31, I don't remember which is which though. Check gotoh website I believe they have detailed drawings that call out the post length. You can compare them to the edge posts you have. Also depending how tight the bridge cavity is, you may have to sand/rout the treble side of the cavity to make the gotoh fit.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 03:30 PM

I put gotohs on a few Jems with no problems, I just used the posts that came with the GT1996. The Ibanez posts didn't work, but the holes were fine.

The edges of the Gotoh will not totally line up. There will be a slight gap on the bass side, and the treble side is a tight fit. Doesn't bug me. Best bridge on the market, IMO.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

That's good information.. thanks.
Ethn Hayabusa likes this.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-29-2020, 08:44 PM

How did you remove the edge bushings or did you leave theM in?

Tags
floyd , gotoh , posts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode