gotoh nut on a superwizard neck - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

gotoh nut on a superwizard neck

Hi,

I have a rg570 with a superwizard neck. Im replacing the badly worn edge trem with a gotoh. The nut is also in pretty bad shape, and im going from black hardware to chrome, so im replacing the nut as well.

From what ive read, the super wizard necks have a 430mm radius. The gotoh 43mm bottom mount nut (GHL-1) has a radius of 400mm. Will it be close enough? If anyone has done it, is it noticeable at all?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011, 03:11 PM

Re: gotoh nut on a superwizard neck

I haven't tried it but most people I've talked to recommend against it. The consensus seems to be in favor of replacing it with another Ibanez nut made for the guitar instead of using the supplied Gotoh nut.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Gideond, I had actually just read the same suggestion in an older thread. If anyone else is in the same boat ibanezrules has 43mm japanese nuts for $50, and korean ones for $30. I found a post from Rich saying they're the same size, but the japanese ones are of higher quality.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-26-2011, 09:37 AM

Gotoh's 43mm is an Ibanez OEM Top-Lok III in different packaging, it's exactly the same nut. The markings on the bottom, radius is the same and everything, which means the OEM nuts aren't 430mm.

One of these is a Gotoh, one is an Ibanez MIJ OEM off a 90's 570, and one is Ibanez MIJ from Rich.

Tags
gotoh nut superwizard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode