Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Graphtech Floyd Saddles on an original Edge?

5K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Dee 
#1 ·
Apparently the Graphtech Floyd Saddles will fit on an Edge bridge. I wonder, does anyone think it would offer any kind of improvement?

See less See more
#6 ·
Will they definitely fit an Edge (has anyone actually done it i mean)trem?
It's just that i'm sure i remember people saying that none of the OFR parts were interchangeable with the Ibanez Edge parts.
I'd be interested to know if they do though.

Not sure how i'd feel about the whole saddle being made from that stuff they use.You'd be losing a lot of the mass of the metal of the whole saddle.
Just thinking out loud really:)

#7 ·
Yeah, I was reading somewhere about one guy who did it. They fit, apparently.

I do consider it expensive, JTM, especially when considering they'd be replacing the saddles on a brand new Edge bridge. As usual, UK prices are considerably more than in the states, and here they are £60 for the set which is more like $120, but I suppose I could always get 'em shipped from the USA and save some cash.

#8 ·
If you watch the video of HOW TO INSTALL A TREMOL-NO on the tremol-no website, the guy that do the demonstration actually have an Ibanez with an Edge tremolo with the graphtech saddles on. The guy tell us that he thinks they are "cool". The only question I ask me is if you have to sand them. Because if they are made fo an OFR, they have to be in 3 differents heights like the stock OFR saddles. An those of the Edge are all the same height so I don't know if it will be a problem or no.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.