Guitar buzz problem... - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

Guitar buzz problem...

HI all Pros here.. i want to ask for help because my rg2620 has some buzzing problem...

When i try to bend the high E string at the 15th fret... it seems like the sound will cut off by the buzz... means that it will sound like (tiiuuuu~~ STOP ) even if it is not bend up... it will have some slightly buzz... and the B string also have the buzzing problem on the 15th fret...

It is the neck problem or the bridge problem ?
i have send this guitar to tech for few times already... but than the problems still cannot be fixed... when install a set of new string... it will not buzz that serious... but it will have a slightly little small buzz which u need to listen properly...

since i have sent so many times to the tech but h still couldn't fix it... i would like to try myself... so any PROS here please give a hand... thanks !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 02:05 PM

Reviews: 5
Re: Guitar buzz problem...

It sounds like a dead spot on your fretboard. What you want to try is raising the action up a bit on the guitar, raising your strings might eliminate the dead spot.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 02:11 PM

I bet art tune's din can fix it
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 03:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2tom View Post
I bet art tune's din can fix it
i have sent there for 2 times ler... but after service... it still have a little buzz.. thats why i have no idea with it... so try to get some help here see whether can fix it or not ... hehe
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 05:25 PM

Whats your guitar? I have the same problem on my squier too. If i play the B string when i reach 15 and below(21) it buzzes and produces a muted sound.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 12:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss84 View Post
Whats your guitar? I have the same problem on my squier too. If i play the B string when i reach 15 and below(21) it buzzes and produces a muted sound.
I m using the prestige RG 2620... my problem mayb slightly different than urs... the buzz only happened on the 15th fret of high E string n B string... if u play at 14th or 16th there are no problem at all... so i think this is weird...
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-17-2007, 05:10 AM Thread Starter

anyone here ???
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-17-2007, 08:37 AM

Reviews: 18

Try getting the frets leveled. Since there's a dead spot, leveling the frets should even the action everywhere. Did the tech adjust the truss? I think that should've been the first thing he should've checked. Maybe Rich can have a better perspective on the situation if he's around....

Jimmy
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-17-2007, 08:38 AM

sounds like the same problem that happened with my NJ Classic Bich(neckthru, 24 fret ebony board, quilted maple top, $350 new from MF). The 14th fret on all the strings would buzz even with the action half an inch off the board or higher. I looked and measured and noticed this fret was oddly lower than the other ones. So I blamed it on the factory, called MF for a replacement, they were all out and couldnt replace it with a diff color, so i got my money, went to GC, and bought an ibanez. If you have any experience with fretting, changing that fret would probably fix the problem. If you let it go chances are good it will eventually become so low that if u fret at the 15th itll sound out like you're fretting at the 16th. You could also file ALL the other frets down but that's a PITA

Edit: LEVELING, that's what it's called. Yea get your frets leveled and if they're all level besides that one change it out I guess, I'm not really experienced with any of this I'm just going off what other forums told me to do with the Rich

Tags
ebony board , quilted maple

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode