Harper Custom Neck - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-12-2000, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

Harper Custom Neck

http://www.jemsite.com/upload/files/Fretboard.JPG
http://www.jemsite.com/upload/files/Headstock.JPG

Previously posted but the results are so nice IMO I figured it should be here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-12-2000, 10:30 PM

Harper Custom Neck

i agree tommy! *its awesome ...i cant wait for my custom from jon...ill post pics of that once i get it.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-13-2000, 09:13 AM

Harper Custom Neck

Looks to me the wait was worth it *

Give us a run down on construction, fit and quality of the inlay....I'd like to read it.

Very nice looking neck :biggrin:
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-14-2000, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

Harper Custom Neck

OK, the rundown....

Profile--matches the UV777PBK perfectly. Left bare, no oils or such on the back of the neck.

Fretwire is the 6140 found on the older Jems or UVs. Not jumbo like the current stuff. I like the feel of the old fretwire and a maple neck.

Upper 6 frets are scalloped--two color vine inlay. The inlay is very nice. On a maple neck it is more difficult to mask problem areas, but this came out top notch! I thought the vine itself was a hair thicker than normal.

A 7 string maple neck, rock solid feeling, vine inlay with scalloped upper frets. Overall a nice piece of work from a Jemsite vendor.

Tags
maple neck , upper fret , upper frets

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in