Is the height of my trem bar correct? - Page 5 - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 69 (permalink) Old 01-31-2021, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

Re: Is the height of my trem bar correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsXLine6 View Post
Rich said not to do that if you remove all the strings at once. if you do half of the strings at a time it can be level. Neither are wrong they are just different approaches. If you remove all the strings and keep the bridge level you can run the risk of it popping off. Rich was giving you friendly warning based on what he has experienced.
I see. I wouldn't remove them all at once. I'd just change one by one since I have all time in the world.

My only concern is shipping my guitar for the sustainer install. I doubt the sustainer guys would just remove the strings, they'd probably remove the bridge and strings, as they'd probably done hundreds of these jem and prestiges guitars over the years, but you never know. I'll email them about it.

I was just looking for something less ghetto so to speak lol that would fit into that small cavity than just taping up some coins together, how come nobody has come up with something adjustable like a block you put in that cavity and is adjustable from the top to enlarge or shrink it, so it fits perfectly in any cavity.

That guy Ben blocked the small cavity, but the videos of that wood wedge I posted, are blocking the bigger cavity, does it matter what cavity you block? I suppose for the edge you have to block the small cavity only?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 69 (permalink) Old 01-31-2021, 09:30 PM

If you block a cavity it's best to block the rear.
JsXLine6 is online  
post #63 of 69 (permalink) Old 01-31-2021, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsXLine6 View Post
If you block a cavity it's best to block the rear.
the smaller cavity?
post #64 of 69 (permalink) Old 01-31-2021, 10:23 PM

Oh you mean which side of the cavity. It's one cavity man... You want to know which side of the trem block (the trem block is what the springs are inserted into) to block off. You would have to block the side closest to the neck if you are removing strings because the bridge will want to pull back when the string tension lessens. Like Ben did with the allen wrench in that video.
JsXLine6 is online  
post #65 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-03-2021, 09:49 PM

Just a word to say that I'm actually proud of you guys.

I was a bit appalled by how negative this thread started out, and I admittedly expressed it to strongly in my previous post reply.

But watching it turn out as it has was a treat, we really need more positiveness and tolerance in this world, and this is as good a place to start as any.

We're all here for the same reason, motivated by the same passion, so it shouldn't be too difficult to get along, or at least be genuinely civil to each other.

All the best.
Fowleri likes this.
post #66 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-06-2021, 06:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exxi3 View Post
Just a word to say that I'm actually proud of you guys.

I was a bit appalled by how negative this thread started out, and I admittedly expressed it to strongly in my previous post reply.

But watching it turn out as it has was a treat, we really need more positiveness and tolerance in this world, and this is as good a place to start as any.

We're all here for the same reason, motivated by the same passion, so it shouldn't be too difficult to get along, or at least be genuinely civil to each other.

All the best.
well said my guy
post #67 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-06-2021, 08:22 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Are we done in this thread, as in problem solved? I think we might be done.
post #68 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-06-2021, 09:23 PM

Yup, I think so too.
post #69 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-15-2021, 01:33 PM

Hang about..... Aren't you the kid that was on here and another forum Slating the Ibanez jem as an rg450 in disguise? Extolling all the virtues of the 7vp and giving everyone who disagreed with you a load of attitude?
Now it turns out you haven't got a clue what you're talking about? Interesting..........
Rich may use a different method but I guarantee you his trem arm doesn't get used as a sundial and it stays in tune regardless of how bent his spring claw may be......
aesthyrian likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode