help for crack near nut - Jemsite
Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods Guitar workbench discussion such as setup, repairs, mods, installing new parts and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-25-2017, 07:57 PM Thread Starter

help for crack near nut

I apologize if I'm not doing this right. I'm new to forums but I know that this is a great place for the input I'm looking for so here I am. I fell in love with a beautiful s620exfb the other day at a pawn shop and took her home. I'm pretty new to ibanez guitars and guitars with double locking trems in general. I noticed a few flaws but nothing worth worrying about except for a tiny crack where the corner of the locking nut meets the fretboard. After some research I found that most cracks from extensive tightening of the nut occur where the screws are in the back. But there's no sign of that on mine.

Anyway, it doesn't affect playability and i don't mind cosmetic issues. I'm just wondering if it's something I should be worried about and if I should leave it or face my fear and take a look under the nut. Any help is much appreciated and again I apologize if I sound like a newb (cuz I am lol) and for the lengthy post.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crack 2.JPG (49.9 KB, 41 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-26-2017, 04:01 AM

Re: help for crack near nut

No problem at all. It is only in the corner of the fretboard. The neck itself seems ok as I can't see anything there.
Forget about it and enjoy your axe.
You could fill it if it really bothers you but there is no need to.

Tags
crack , ibanez , locking , neck , nut

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode